• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Current book(s) you're reading?

i tend to prefer classics generally: i recently finished the brothers karamazov, and i'm currently close to finishing moby dick. i'm planning on reading the divine comedy next.

i also picked up a little devotional to read called "god loves the autistic mind"

i tend to prefer classics generally: i recently finished the brothers karamazov, and i'm currently close to finishing moby dick. i'm planning on reading the divine comedy next.

i also picked up a little devotional to read called "god loves the autistic mind"

Moby-Dick is a huge favorite of mine. Do you like it?

I also enjoyed Moby Dick quite a lot. I really liked all the whale biology and whaling culture chapters, even though they were spoken of as "something to get through" when others were discussing the book. I found the middle kind of slow, but I was also 11 when I read it and hadn't read a lot of classical works. I remember really liking the second to last chapter, and I always wondered why I never hear people talk about it. To me, that was the heart of the story.

I also enjoyed Moby Dick quite a lot. I really liked all the whale biology and whaling culture chapters, even though they were spoken of as "something to get through" when others were discussing the book. I found the middle kind of slow, but I was also 11 when I read it and hadn6read a lot of classical works. I remember really liking the second to last chapter, and I always wondered why I never hear people talk about it. To me, that was the heart of the story.

I liked the whaling chapters too. Many people point out how American Psycho mimics these in all the talk on fashion, restaurants, and music. That just makes both more enjoyable to me.

i'm loving it! i've been enjoying how melville flips between narrative on the pequod and ishmael's weird pseudo-scientific ramblings!

i also like how he drops his philosophical musings throughout and just lets the reader ponder them

Snow Country

Snow Country - Yasunari Kawabata

i've finished Moby Dick! next, i'm going to read a short book, Susanna Clarke's Piranesi, and then my next big book is Beowulf translated by Tolkien

i've finished Moby Dick! next, i'm going to read a short book, Susanna Clarke's Piranesi, and then my next big book is Beowulf translated by Tolkien

I almost bought that Beowulf translation. I probably will sometime. I have the Seamus Heaney translation, which I've read a few times.

The Sustainable(ish) Living Guide: Everything you need to know to make small changes that make a big difference by Jen Gale

'Parasites Like Us' - Adam Johnson

Just started reading- rather quirky for a South Dakota native? May be comedy related to 'Fargo' movie.....

Attachments

• parasites like us - adam johnson.jpg
    parasites like us - adam johnson.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 53

New Threads

Top Bottom