• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Count to 1,000

"304 stainless steel has a high resistance to rust. It withstands corrosion from most oxidizing acids and is often used for kitchen and food applications. However, it is susceptible to corrosion from chloride solutions (notably saline environments with high amounts of sodium chloride). Chloride ions can create localized areas of corrosion, called "pitting," which can spread beneath protective chromium barriers to compromise internal structures. Solutions with as little as 25 ppm of sodium chloride can begin to have a corrosive effect.

304 grade is the most common form of stainless steel used around the world. It contains between 16 and 24 percent chromium and up to 35 percent nickel—as well as small amounts of carbon copied fromnd manganese. The most common form of 304 stainless steel is 18-8, or 18/8, stainless steel, which contains 18 percent chromium and 8 percent nickel."

copied from http://www.reliance-foundry.com/blog/304-vs-316-stainless-steel
When I was younger and working in the high tech sector,we used 304 stainless steel exclusively at my job because of the properties it had that made it both machinable.weldable and corrosion resistant. I took two 1/8th inch thick hemispherical six inch tank ends and TIG welded them together to create a perfect sphere. After making a fixture to drive it on a vertical milling machine,I polished it to a mirror finish to create an orb. It took over ten hours to create one of the most useless objects ever made but was so cool just to hold it in your hands :D

Attachments

• 306.png
    306.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 172

It's lego, a car and little lego men with moustaches and funny shirts! What more could you want?!

It's lego, a car and little lego men with moustaches and funny shirts! What more could you want?!
When I was 19,I was tossed the keys for a new 1979 Ferrari 308 GTB and told to get a pizza and get lost for a while. The State Rep that was dating my sister wanted to get me out of the house. I flogged it to it's limits :p

Attachments

• 1979 Ferrari GTB.jpg
    1979 Ferrari GTB.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 176

"Located in the heart of Parramatta’s entertainment and dining district, Restaurant 317 is renowned for its distinctive atmosphere, quality service, award-winning menu and its ability to continually innovate.

Now celebrating its 10th year, Restaurant 317 is regarded as Sydney’s premier gluten free restaurant with over 90% of its meals suitable for those with coeliac disease or those who avoid eating gluten for health reasons.

Restaurant 317 is committed to their local community and are proud sponsors of the Western Sydney Wanderers, Parramatta City Titans and is a supporter of Coeliac NSW & ACT and Make a Wish Foundation."

https://317.com.au/

New Threads

Top Bottom