• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

COPING WITH EATING WHEN OVERLOADED/MELTDOWN DAYS?!

How do you cope when you're really overloaded or really stressed with food/eating?
I have intolerances and bad sensitivities + I CANT make good decisions when overloaded!!! What do you do when you're stressed or have had a meltdown?? Do you just not eat?? My brain forces me to eat and it's the WORST. Advice please? Xxx
I have irritable bowel syndrome and the doctor said you have to eat every day I have realised he is right as I become very ill if I don't eat.
So I force myself ,if my abdomen is very distended( swollen ) as it makes other health problems worse.
The ones that are recommended to avoid are root vegetables ,chocolate ,coffee ,cheese ,probably salmon and spice .
Root vegetables produce a lot of gas which isn't good if you have digestive weakness and the other foods are called purines ,they are too rich and have toxins in them ,if taken to regularly ,coffee is a laxative as is chocolate.
Good foods to eat are mango ,papaya ,pineapple they all put a lining on the stomach.
I love onions and strawberries but onions are hard to digest.
Have mango juice or papaya juice or pineapple juice to start with ,white bread when you feel a little stronger as your stomach will be too weak for too much fibre,have bananas and tomatoes as you will need potassium.
I have a cup of decaffeinated English breakfast tea , don't like the flavour of herbal tea !but it is good for you !as my stomach likes the heat ! And then rarely have cereal with milk usually yoghurt .
When I'm in my virus stage I love curry specifically Chinese curry sauce, sauces from India are too hot for me , basmati rice which is very slightly tanned white rice ,rice is good as it is bland .
I rely on fruit flavoured and acid tablets to digest food now and a prescription medication.
I try to do mindfulness it's very very very hard

Last edited:
I should start to be carefull about my eating habits aswell but pff when I stress I dont control it at all.

Sometime I dont eat almost the entiere day and sometime (most of the time) I eat because of my emotions.

So stay strong.

I should follow the ideas posted in this topic hehe.

New Threads

Top Bottom