• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Conversation facts

often when I'm out somewhere I'll end up discussing led lighting and it's transformer load V a regular induction load type lamp .

Last week I got into a long topic on the new stopping trolly wheels on the cart. I noticed the 2 disks act as a very small differential like a car.
No wonder it was turning so well ,plus 2 disks avoid flat spotting found on a regular single wheel.

I eventually got the just shut up look

When I was younger, I felt like I was a walking encyclopedia. My brain was full of so much info. Mom said I used to read the dictionary when I was a little girl. I liked to read and gather info. Usually, it was useless facts about stuff I'd never have use in my life, for example, celebs birthdays, animal facts, etc. I was like a combo of Sheldon Cooper and Rain Man.
I still like reading and doing research, but I share info more in detail if people ask for it. I know how to read people more now. However, I still hate when people don't say what they really mean. Don't ask me something if you don't really want to really know.

You see, it is just that WE notice ourselves doing it and actually care. How many times have you had to sit, glassy-eyed, listening to an NT ramble on and on and on about something vacuous and vapid? A million times? 2 Million?

I say pay back is heck. Let them have it.

Oh, the Peloponnesian War? Sure you were just talking about Beyonce, but I don't know about her and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, but the Spartans? Did you know that they continued their whipping rituals even after Rome took them over? It was like Disney World for the Romans to go and gawk........I guess the gladiators were not enough.

Let them have the glassy eyes for a while.

I also find this very confusing. When they ask me something, I reply seriously. I am just socially blind to the true underlying motivations for why they are asking, what they are trying to get at - because it's not the actual data they verbally asked for. This is also why I am struggling with understanding/recognizing banter and sarcasm - I sincerely respond to both, and the glaring social mistake becomes a source of amusement or annoyance or disbelief to others. It's not appreciated, that much I can tell. As for sharing "too much" information on something - yes - because I care about data, and I would assume others would, too. But they rarely do - even if they do actually like the subject, they may even be passionate about it, when they are conversing, there are these other social goals going on that have less to do with the sharing of data.

Today someone asked me: “Are you taking the kids?” (To a place I’m going tomorrow) and I explained in extreme detail why I’m not taking them, one thing led to the other and I somehow ended up talking about prehistoric era, when I was 25...

I ended up telling shop customer about piezoelectric reversed polariy filtering of signals and foam shape retention over extended times....compression set
I got that look again but I wasn't stopping ....run away train set in

Last edited:
Without being asked for advice, people used to inform me that I told my children too much information, and I should not speak to my children as though they were grown-ups. My kids wanted to hear a real answer to their questions, not euphemistic drivel. So it is okay for them to step in and tell me how to speak. Right. :eek:

I was doing this with my husband about 1 hour ago. I got on a rampage about Yule and the Norse religion, looked over at my husband and he had a quirk smile on his face (which is my indication it's another aspie trait shining through). We laugh, then about another 30 mins another historical fact about Vlad the impaler and his entire family history. I get the boredom looks alot or the weird side angled head tilt when talking about health and nutritional research papers at work. But, I could care less what they think and continue on... I get it out of my system and make them a bit more smarter in a random topic. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom