• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Confession, please help

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I am not doing well healthwise. I have spent nearly every minute of every day in bed for the past month or more. There are days when I don't even see the kitchen or living room.

I wake up every morning and spend the day feeling like I have the flu. It's just bed and bathroom, and the only energy I have is to bundle up and go to the forest or waterfront at night.

My daughter unloads the dishwasher, and I load it, unless I'm feeling too weak. I try to make breakfast every morning, but sometimes I can't. And when I do, it's often one of the only times I'm out of bed, as it fatigues me.

I spend almost every moment with blankets on, staring at a screen or working with yarn.

People around me are all having troubles. Deep ones. And some of them frighten me. There is a war in a place where I know people. I am threatened with injury by someone who should be next in line of familial primogeniture.

And I've not been myself. Trying to hide the illness. Pushing my loved ones away with both clinginess and emotional distance. I think that I am clingy because I'm scared of losing them. But the emotional distance would be my natural state, if I wasn't so lonesome and afraid.

I just want everyone to know they are loved, and to like me. I am less than. I have almost no life, except the stories others tell, and my lonely journeys to find solace in whatever nature I can. But there is something "off" about me, so my loved ones hold me at a distance.

And at the end of the day, I finally have energy after resting all night and day to sometimes go out and truly be able to sense the sky and air, and feel my emotions. It's overwhelming. I feel so much. Like exposed nerves pulled with tweezers. I can finally cry.

I'm not dying or anything. But I am very unwell. I dare not say here.

I did physical therapy today, and I worked really hard. But most of my exercises today were scaled way back from what I was doing a short time before. Mostly lying down exercises. But I did do some standing and sitting. I became very fatigued though.

Yesterday I was supposed to take care of my father, but actually what happened was I got there, we watched tv and ate cookies. I really wasn't feeling well. And then next thing I know, I'm waking up because the taxi driver had pulled up. My dad (who has dementia) had taken a walk on his own. I looked down. My feet had been brought up to the couch, I was lying on a pillow, and there was a fleece blanket over me. My dad was so kind. But it was dangerous to have him walking out and around. I had to wait to get into the cab until he had gotten back. I only had crutches, so I couldn't walk the half mile that I needed to reach him. We spoke on the phone until I knew he was home. Then I could leave.

Today I was going to make a simple chicken salad, and in my weakness, I knocked over a bunch of things. So we're going out for burgers. I'm mustering up strength, pretending to be more energetic than I am. My daughter is 19, but I'm taking her trick or treating, for sort of a lost childhood thing. My daughter is all dressed cute as a woman from Star Trek TOS. I'm kinda not feeling it, so I'm just going to wear a kitty ear headband and maybe makeup, and regular clothes.

Anyway, there's been so much going on, and I'm broken, and lonesome, and trying to hide so much, while trying to be the best I can for others, but I keep screwing up and alienating everyone.

What would you do?

Reality sucks. But you are there for your daughter. And you try best to be there for your dad.

Last edited:
@Yeshuasdaughter

Are you drinking water? Are you able to keep up with the herbs and natural medicines that keep you well?

It seems like one of the things lacking right now is people in your immediate circle who can really hear you and understand your thoughts and feelings. Perhaps they all see you as the helper and the one that holds things together, but it is impossible for anyone to do that forever. Maybe we can help you with that - getting support from forum members who can understand some of your struggles and care very much. You can fall apart a bit here and you don’t have to take care of anyone else for a while. It can be your turn to receive some care.

I wonder if you have been caring so much for others that there’s nothing left for you to care for yourself and your body is just giving in to the tiredness. I’m sad you have been feeling so down and I am wishing on stars that you get a break soon.

It’s very touching to think of your father putting your feet up and tucking you in because even in his illness, he knew you were so so tired.

I am not doing well healthwise. I have spent nearly every minute of every day in bed for the past month or more. There are days when I don't even see the kitchen or living room.

I wake up every morning and spend the day feeling like I have the flu. It's just bed and bathroom, and the only energy I have is to bundle up and go to the forest or waterfront at night.

My daughter unloads the dishwasher, and I load it, unless I'm feeling too weak. I try to make breakfast every morning, but sometimes I can't. And when I do, it's often one of the only times I'm out of bed, as it fatigues me.

I spend almost every moment with blankets on, staring at a screen or working with yarn.

People around me are all having troubles. Deep ones. And some of them frighten me. There is a war in a place where I know people. I am threatened with injury by someone who should be next in line of familial primogeniture.

And I've not been myself. Trying to hide the illness. Pushing my loved ones away with both clinginess and emotional distance. I think that I am clingy because I'm scared of losing them. But the emotional distance would be my natural state, if I wasn't so lonesome and afraid.

I just want everyone to know they are loved, and to like me. I am less than. I have almost no life, except the stories others tell, and my lonely journeys to find solace in whatever nature I can. But there is something "off" about me, so my loved ones hold me at a distance.

And at the end of the day, I finally have energy after resting all night and day to sometimes go out and truly be able to sense the sky and air, and feel my emotions. It's overwhelming. I feel so much. Like exposed nerves pulled with tweezers. I can finally cry.

I did physical therapy today, and I worked really hard. But most of my exercises today were scaled way back from what I was doing a short time before. Mostly lying down exercises. But I did do some standing and sitting. I became very fatigued though.

Yesterday I was supposed to take care of my father, but actually what happened was I got there, we watched tv and ate cookies. I really wasn't feeling well. And then next thing I know, I'm waking up because the taxi driver had pulled up. My dad (who has dementia) had taken a walk on his own. I looked down. My feet had been brought up to the couch, I was lying on a pillow, and there was a fleece blanket over me. My dad was so kind. But it was dangerous to have him walking out and around. I had to wait to get into the cab until he had gotten back. I only had crutches, so I couldn't walk the half mile that I needed to reach him. We spoke on the phone until I knew he was home. Then I could leave.

Today I was going to make a simple chicken salad, and in my weakness, I knocked over a bunch of things. So we're going out for burgers. I'm mustering up strength, pretending to be more energetic than I am. My daughter is 19, but I'm taking her trick or treating, for sort of a lost childhood thing. My daughter is all dressed cute as a woman from Star Trek TOS. I'm kinda not feeling it, so I'm just going to wear a kitty ear headband and maybe makeup, and regular clothes.

Anyway, there's been so much going on, and I'm broken, and lonesome, and trying to hide so much, while trying to be the best I can for others, but I keep screwing up and alienating everyone.

What would you do?
Pray a lot comes from anxiety, but also get your white count checked (leucocyte count)

Is this a continuation of a previous thread? It just seems odd that no doctors were mentioned, but if this is ongoing thing, maybe I missed it. I haven't been around here a whole lot lately.

You are loved by God. There isn't that much more that you really need to remember. We have a comforter, and he is with you. There is comfort in the words of other people, but you've been blessed with ears to hear something greater.

Two thoughts come to mind.

Over active thyroid? I had that and was so weak, I ended up in a wheelchair. Could barely get out of bed and then, had a lot of tests and came out that my thyroid was swollen. Started the meds ( a nightmare, as I hate chemicals) and a day later, started to feel less weak.

However, since you say it feels like the flu. Could be fibromyalgia?

Depression? Or something physical going on?
I know the feeling of just needing to give in to energy exhaustion.
Resting when you can is good. Your body tells you what you need.
Just don't fall into not leaving the bed completely.
That happened to me once. Ended up in the hospital.
Even just one little thing a day adds up. Like your interaction with nature.
A lot of times you can't do what you know you should for self when caring for others.

If you aren't sure which it is, physical or emotional, the first thing I would do is
get some blood tests at least.
Treat your body and self as well as you possibly can.

Sorry to hear this.
You are a good addition here on the forum. Your caring shows.
We're here for you. :rose:

What would you do?

You know you are amazing. I have seriously read some posts and you always are so brave. I think you are brave for getting food stamps and also other posts I have read and have an amazing personality too.
You are unwell and it is definitely something I have experienced where through unwellness you do not feel like yourself but a stranger in your body.
And as unwell woman you still always try to be there for everyone else.
You do not need to be. Your family may let you down but you do not have to fake yourself or be there for others when you cannot.
When you pass you will take your place in heaven to rest and be at my peace with the heavenly Father.

Sometimes, all you can do is all you can do.
You are a valued member of the community here and I appreciate what you bring to this forum.
Be sure to be as kind and forgiving to yourself as you are to others.

I’ve had periods of my life when I could not get out of bed and a short walk to the bathroom was excruciating.

But I did not have others to take care of.

The sheer boredom of lying around in pain.

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Hey Yeshuasdaughter, sometimes it is time to quit interacting with mean people

There are many days where it feels like the sword has cut the scabbard, and I know you like to be the nurturing matriarch figure of your home but sometimes someone has to heal the healer, and be mother to the matriarch. I hope you are able to rest. God bless you.

New Threads

Top Bottom