• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Perseverations are common to ASD. They are like OCD-lite. (Unlike OCD, they subside when there is closure.)

Wow, so I googled perseverations this morning - WOW. This is EXACTLY what I've struggled with my whole life. I got the OCD diagnosis because of this, but since I really don't have compulsions, I knew it didn't fit. This is it!!! Thanks so much, I'm so glad I came here and read this thread! Yet another thing that makes perfect sense that didn't before. (As an aside, this is what frustrates me *so much* about not having been diagnosed properly - I'm 31 years old and just learning this now. If I had been able to have this information years ago, it would have changed my life - but that information was withheld from me due to the lack of a diagnosis.)

New Threads

Top Bottom