• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Colouring Books/Coloring Books

Thank you, Beverly.
I have set up an account there.....
I would think that in true aspie style, I want to build a desk with a leaning top like a drafting table so I can work with these easier, then research the markers.....I want to do a bear poster first using what are known as the 7 scared colors..black, red, yellow, white, green, brown and blue and give this to my Aunt Joyce, a mentor, an inspiration and an Elder...(and an artist and a good cook)

Looks like just good therapy to me...whether you're contemplating a masterpiece or just trying to relax. :)

Thank you, Beverly.
I have set up an account there.....
I would think that in true aspie style, I want to build a desk with a leaning top like a drafting table so I can work with these easier, then research the markers.....I want to do a bear poster first using what are known as the 7 scared colors..black, red, yellow, white, green, brown and blue and give this to my Aunt Joyce, a mentor, an inspiration and an Elder...(and an artist and a good cook)

I like Prismacolor brand markers, nice fine points and, a lot of ink. They aren't the top of the line but, they aren't cheap either. I think they have some of the most true to life colors of any of the higher end markers, and they're fine for a hobby, for me. Copic is about the best you could get but, the cost might not be worth it for a hobby.

I'm no artist with a pen, I just like to color so, as with most things I own, upper middle class is fine for me.

Links to pages to color, various styles, from museums.

https://lifehacker.com/download-coloring-pages-from-over-100-museums-1832753859
upload_2019-2-22_17-15-5.png

upload_2019-2-22_17-16-15.png

upload_2019-2-22_17-17-18.png

I bought a coloring book and colored pencils for my husband a couple of years ago as a joke. He loved it, said it helped relieve stress, and became quite creative in his color selections. I've always liked the oil paint-by-number kits and did them a lot when I was growing up. Nowadays I dabble with water colors.

I also enjoy coloring books. My favorites are ones of famous paintings. I found most of my coloring books at thrift stores too, so it’s been an economical pastime, as well as engaging.

New Threads

Top Bottom