• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Colouring Books/Coloring Books

Structrix

I just bought the Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford which is a colouring book made for adults! Has anyone else bought one of Johanna Basford's coloring books or gotten into adult colouring books? It's my new special interest!

Wow, I just looked up some sample pages and loved it. It looks very detailed, like you'd need fine colored pencils and it would take a lot of time to do just one page. But endless possibilities!

I think coloring is very good for stress. I've seen adult coloring books in the metaphysical store near my house. I've also read that it lessens the symptoms of PTSD.

I've done this one, which is just a funny little coloring book poking fun at some of the disappointments of adulthood: Amazon.com: Coloring for Grown-Ups: The Adult Activity Book (9780452298255): Ryan Hunter, Taige Jensen: Books

It's not for everyone, but I thought it was funny. I think your coloring book is a whole different experience and I'm actually interested in giving it a shot. It seems like a very nice, calming, screen-free way to pass some free time.

Actually, now that I think more, I have coloring in some kids coloring books just for fun. Hello Kitty, My Little Pony, that kind of stuff. And this:
Fat Ladies in Spaaaaace: a body-positive coloring book: Theo Nicole Lorenz: 9781463786830: Amazon.com: Books

Which I just think is awesome.

This is wonderful! I always used to love coloring when I was younger and even still have some good memories of doing it especially around Christmas. I actually miss being able to do it because I thought it was just for kids. But seeing this thread, I went on Amazon and found a bunch of adult coloring books! I can't believe it! There's even Victorian Era coloring books and I've picked out a few. I haven't ordered it yet, though. I'm still in the mindset that it's for kids, but I've taken the first step and put it in my Amazon cart. And I found the hugest box of crayons! We'll see what I do next I guess..........

This is wonderful! I always used to love coloring... And I found the hugest box of crayons! We'll see what I do next I guess..........

Colored pencils can be good.
Someone gave me water color pencils a couple years ago.
A big improvement over the grade school technique (licking the pencil).:p

My brother gave my kids a coloring book of paintings once that had many of the great masterpieces. I didn't know adult coloring books was a thing, but it seems like a good stress relieving pastime.

If you do a Google image search for adult coloring pages there are a lot you can print. It might be nice to turn this thread into a virtual refrigerator of everyone's work.

I did it! I found some adult coloring books on Amazon and ordered the hugest Crayola Crayon box I could find. It arrives tomorrow! Here's a picture of the coloring books and the crayons......... I just LOVE the Victorian Era!!!!!

untitled (10).png
untitled (11).png
81IAOgXS-YL._SX425_.jpg

Kinda excited!!!!! It will bring back a lot of good memories. :)

Attachments

• untitled (9).png
    untitled (9).png
    191 KB · Views: 217
Is there interest among members who may like to color ?
I have discovered several artist that designs detailed coloring books for adults.
The first artist I discovered was Johanna Basford .
A quick search on Amazon, etc will locate many different books.
I use to color but got tired of the children's books that were available..
This may be something new to explore.

Last edited:
I have ordered numerous prints from stuff2color.com you can get fuzzy posters or coloring books for adults.

stuff2color.com

I think I have found a new obsession with the fuzzy posters, the one with the bear......

This was new to me, I thought I would share...someone may find some peace..

I like Fractal Coloring book, I've ordered new copies a few times. They are best done with fine point markers but, working on the is relaxing for me and, I can take the book with me with a pack of markers. it works well for traveling to help me de-stress when I don't have a lot of room to pack things.

Yeah I'm currently coloring cosmos fuzzy poster from that site :p I just use crayola markers (pip*squeaks) but I have considered using gel pens.

I facilitated a class on praying with color. Surprising, and long-term results, for several participants, who really put themselves into it despite being so afraid of anything "art" (and their judgments of their own work) that I ran several sessions requiring people to use their non-dominant hands.

I read to them, they drew. Really good experience I'd like to do again.

They selected pieces for a paper quilt we hung in the parish hall through several months of searching and calling a new rector.

Also have been advised to color mandalas, and just got into a kit called "TangleArt" for meditation. And, yes, of course you can get patterns by email.

Given the creative circles I hail from, I don't understand what's so special or taboo about adults coloring line work. Especially in the comic industry, there are high paying jobs for a good colorist and some from the artsy areas I frequent get pretty giddy when they can get certain people to color their line work in a collaborative effort regardless of whether they're hobbyists or professionals. :emojiconfused:

New Threads

Top Bottom