• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee poll

How do you take your coffee?

• As black as my pitiless soul

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • With cream

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • With sugar, as sweet as my soul

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Sweetened kiddy International Delight

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Hipster espresso

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Don’t like coffee

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Canned coffee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wimpy decaf

• Prefer drinking Monster or Red Bull

• Iced, as cold as my heart

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I prefer tea since I drank so much coffee one year that I don't like it very much now. But, when I do drink coffee I just drink it black.

mtndew-original-bottle.png

At work it's 2 scoops of coffee in a giant mug. Either black or with lots of milk.
At home it's 6 espressos in one cup. I call it a Hexpresso.

Focus juice.

View attachment 63093

Ed

6 espressos in one cup. That would charge me up for about 30 mins and I'd go right from that to not being able to keep my eyes open. Caffeine doesn't keep me up over a sustained period of time. There's an initial perk up that's brief, then I feel mellow. That's one of the reasons I wonder if I have co-morbid ADHD since caffeine, a stimulant, doesn't make me jittery. It's centering .

Do you have an espresso machine at home, Ed?

I've never been a hipster, too old for that. Hipster's co-oped my lifestyle and made it seem trendy. The vintage clothes, good bread, fresh food, sustainable way to live.

The expresso that I've been drinking for decades was a revelation when I first tasted it. No other form of coffee could possibly taste as good as it does. Expresso with skim milk.

Yep, hipsters adopt trends and think they created said trend.

Wrong.

The trends were already there and in use by countless others who didn't feel the need to bang on about their lifestyle.

Ricky Gervais summed them up by calling them Hampstead *bleep*

:D:D:D

I've never been a hipster, too old for that. Hipster's co-oped my lifestyle and made it seem trendy. The vintage clothes, good bread, fresh food, sustainable way to live.

LOL, this. But I'm not American, espresso is very common here. I don't like any sugar in my coffee, so it's usually espresso with the occasional cappuccino.

My wife drinks about six of them daily but not all at once. I try to only drink one or two daily and I also like tea a lot.

6 espressos in one cup. That would charge me up for about 30 mins and I'd go right from that to not being able to keep my eyes open. Caffeine doesn't keep me up over a sustained period of time. There's an initial perk up that's brief, then I feel mellow. That's one of the reasons I wonder if I have co-morbid ADHD since caffeine, a stimulant, doesn't make me jittery. It's centering .

Have you tried matcha tea? The caffeine release is slow and it last longer instead of spiking.

I like really strong Columbian coffee with a dash of milk and a little sugar. If I don't have a cup or three, I get really grouchy. I never drank it until I turned about 30, but even when I didn't drink it, I always loved the smell of freshly ground coffee beans.

I grind my beans and froth my milk as i like it that way also enjoy cream or syrups, yep love coffee!!!!!!

Cold brewed expresso or any type of coffee when it's hot outside. It lacks any bitterness or acidity, and is the epitome of everything that's wonderful about coffee and or tea.

Method:
  1. Stick with a coarse grind. Using a coarser grind will make the filtration process easier and your coffee taste far less bitter. Grinding too fine can heat up the grounds, which can negatively affect your cup. (Note: I've used finely ground expresso and it works fine, it simply takes a little longer to filter.)
  2. Stir the grinds in the water making sure they are fully saturated. Put the lid on your mason jar, or any container stick it in the fridge and forget about it for twelve to fourteen hours.
  3. After that you are ready to filter the coffee. Recommended filtration methods include, old shirts, mesh or fine colander, pour over cloth filters, paper coffee filters, nylon stockings, cheese cloth… Possibilities are endless.

Last edited:
Cold brew coffee is so delicious. Thanks @Mia.

The liquor store l worked in carried one espresso vodka, and Patron has now been out with coffee tequila. This you serve with Bailey's as a Irish coffee. But l can't quite wrap my head around tequila coffee.

The Italien gelato place made me espresso with a scoop of coffee gelato and l thought the gates opened into the divine kingdom just for me for at least 10 mins.

Have you tried matcha tea? The caffeine release is slow and it last longer instead of spiking.

I have tried matcha. I've never whipped it using the traditional bamboo frother, etc though. I do prefer the caffeine effects of tea more than coffee though. Tea was actually a special interest of mine for quite a few years after I changed from coffee. I collected and drank pu-erh teas. I still have a sizable amount of pu-erh teas. It's the only kind of tea I'm aware of that improves with age. Some naturally aged pu-ehr tea cakes that are 30, 40, 50+ years old sell for tens of thousands of dollars or even higher. It's also the only kind of tea I know where multiple infusions of the same leaves in succession is part of the process.

I also did my own kind of quasi-matcha in that I'd take organic green tea fannings and powder them nearly as fine as matcha in a high powered blender. Then I'd put about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of the tea powder in the bottom of the cup and fill with hot water. The tea powder would end up settling to the bottom of the cup and I was able to sip the tea accordingly. A very fine way to drink it.

But alas, I have to really keep an eye on my caffeine intake now and limit my consumption to the one strong cup of coffee in the morning. I suppose I could switch back to having a morning cup of green tea.

Yeah, I bought an espresso machine mostly for my wife and I usually stick to one, maximum two on tough mornings, but I'm also more of a tea drinker and I'm a big fan of Japanese teaware.

I usually make a bottle of cold matcha for my workouts as I hate energy and sports drinks, I like some types of black tea and chai, but mostly go for quality oolong or green tea that you brew 3 to 4 times in the same small teapot and I can have it in the evenings without adverse effects.

A couple of my friends recommend that I replace my half and half with milk in my coffee since I am always stating that I want to eat healthier in general. I can make that compromise in this case, since my health is worth the effort. I also tend to drink way too much drip coffee in the morning, as in having an entire pot by myself.

A couple of my friends recommend that I replace my half and half with milk in my coffee since I am always stating that I want to eat healthier in general. I can make that compromise in this case, since my health is worth the effort. I also tend to drink way too much drip coffee in the morning, as in having an entire pot by myself.

I've tried using milk (2%) in coffee and it makes the coffee taste too watery for me. Although frothing it for a cappuccino or an au lait is very good.

New Threads

Top Bottom