• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Coffee poll

How do you take your coffee?

• As black as my pitiless soul

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • With cream

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • With sugar, as sweet as my soul

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Sweetened kiddy International Delight

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Hipster espresso

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Don’t like coffee

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Canned coffee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wimpy decaf

• Prefer drinking Monster or Red Bull

• Iced, as cold as my heart

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Black as midnight in a crypt on a moonless storm-wracked midwinter solstice.

I do like a splash of cold water in the cup though, not keen on scalding my tongue ;)

Unfortunately there's no option for decaf for medical reasons.

I can't tick 'wimpy decaf' as I don't define myself as being a wimp for avoiding caffeine - it triggers severe migraine.

Unfortunately there's no option for decaf for medical reasons.

I can't tick 'wimpy decaf' as I don't define myself as being a wimp for avoiding caffeine - it triggers severe migraine.

Fair enough. Actually, I probably am a wimp because I can’t go without caffeine for more than a couple of days without being whiny.

Thinking about the Starbucks on Hollywood Blvd. It was a toss up if it had more packed people or more condensed merchandise on the shelves. l felt like a sardine packed tight. Of course l never went back. But coffee at the French bakery is so soothing because they articulate in French behind the counter of the musings of food being prepared. So my coffee already tastes better with ambiance. Black, milk, cream, and Thai which uses condensed milk are my choices. l have tried soda water/coffee which l read about, and l like it. Have not tried butter coffee which was a rage for awhile.

I've never been a hipster, too old for that. Hipster's co-oped my lifestyle and made it seem trendy. The vintage clothes, good bread, fresh food, sustainable way to live.

The expresso that I've been drinking for decades was a revelation when I first tasted it. No other form of coffee could possibly taste as good as it does. Expresso with skim milk.

Last edited:
I've never been a hipster, too old for that. Hipster's co-oped my lifestyle and made it seem trendy. The vintage clothes, good bread, fresh food, sustainable way to live.

The expresso that I've been drinking for decades was a revelation when I first tasted it. No coffee could possibly taste as good as it does. Expresso with skim milk.

No offense intended with the poll option of mine. I live near Seattle. Hipster espresso is a very big thing here.

I drink my coffee with milk and some gelatin and protein powder. Enjoy drinking it while sitting in my recliner, pictured in my current avatar to the left.

Lots of cream and one or maybe two packets of sweetener (I don't like actual sugar in my coffee, too sticky).

I drink decaf instant coffee with powdered cream and I also live in the Seattle area. I don't think I have been in a single Starbucks or other coffee place in the 6 years I've lived here lol. Although a relative who was working at an espresso stand made me something once when I paid a visit.

The reason why I go for decaf coffee is because I also drink Monster and Mtn Dew and don't want to over do it.

Last edited:
I drink mine with cream. I was part owner of a coffeehouse in the 1990s and was very well versed with all things coffee. I've also roasted my own beans and had a decent espresso machine at my house that I sold.

I'm down to a single strong cup of coffee every morning and that's it. It's one of the simple pleasures in life that I look forward to. I had to limit my caffeine intake down to that and keep it there. I was consuming so much caffeine that it was affecting my blood pressure and giving me heart palpitations. Plus I could never evenly regulate my caffeine intake from the work week to the weekends and as such I was prone to crushing migraines from caffeine withdrawal.

Switching to tea didn't really help because I ended up calculating that I built up to the equivalent of drinking about 16 cups of tea a day.

The other reason I drink mine with cream is because I worked in restaurants in my early twenties and needed to use cream to make the gut rot coffee I would gulp to stay awake taste better. I still take coffee in big gulps rather than sip it, so the cream helps to cut down the temp.

At home, I make a pot of coffee every morning. I use dark Columbian coffee for its taste. My wife drinks tea at home.
I like a little cream in my coffee.

In the northwestern part of the U.S. there is a line of coffee shops called "Dutch Bros." Everything they make is very good. Mrs. clg and I particularly like their iced mochas.

At home, I make a pot of coffee every morning. I use dark Columbian coffee for its taste. My wife drinks tea at home.
I like a little cream in my coffee.

In the northwestern part of the U.S. there is a line of coffee shops called "Dutch Bros." Everything they make is very good. Mrs. clg and I particularly like their iced mochas.

Dutch Bros coffee is the bomb. If finances permitted me to, I would drink it more often.

I drink coffee with milk, which is not an option in the poll. Perhaps the poll should have an "other" answer?

I can drink any kind but my favorite is as creamy and sweet as possible. Lately i have been drinking Dalgona coffee nearly everyday also.

At work it's 2 scoops of coffee in a giant mug. Either black or with lots of milk.
At home it's 6 espressos in one cup. I call it a Hexpresso.

Focus juice.

giphy222.gif

Ed

I make a cafetiere of free trade Colombian coffee that I reheat in the microwave cup by cup. With skimmed cold milk.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::doughnut::cookie::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Black with sugar. But if it's more than two cups in a day, it better be decaf.

I'm kind of partial to Dunkin Donuts Decaf to make at home.

New Threads

Top Bottom