• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Classic cars I've thought of buying

This reminds me of a conversation I had with one local car collector I know at his storage building... He merely has at least one million dollars worth of vintage exotic cars... As I talked with him, I mentioned about my collection of vintage photos, over ten years I have amassed a large collection of them, spent a fair amount of money along the way (I haven't ever fully calculated), in terms of dollars spent I have spent far less but I have at least 1,000 or more vintage photos, probably far more, many of them were purchased at very low cost, which is exactly what I can afford :)

Admittedly I can't go for a drive in my collection of vintage photos, he can go for a drive in his Ferrari Dino 246, which I know would be a fun drive on the right road :D

Trouble with flash cars is it gets ya noticed. We do better blending in to the background.

The car may not be high end, but much of any serious re$toration no matter what the model will make you go bankrupt unless you've got money to burn. Especially if you have to forage for parts.

Reminds me of the tv show "Counting Cars". Where Danny Koker encounters so many people with "projects" in their garage or backyard long since abandoned because they couldn't financially afford to finish a restoration.

I live in a town where classic car collecting is a big hobby and we have about 5-6 car shows a year. From talking to the owners of these classic cars. The number one thing they tell me about why projects get abandoned is not so much for financial reasons. But rather, for lack of dedication. Most people don't realize how many years it take and the hundreds of hours of labor that's involved in a restoration project. Most of the time, people just get board/tired of it or something else comes up in life that pulls them away from it.

New Threads

Top Bottom