• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

'Childish' hobbies

onlything

V.I.P Member
Hey there!

Funny thing but I've still got my stuffed toys lying all around and a small cards, tazos and figures collection that I started as a kid. To think these things are already so old... And that I like these old themes even more than I used to.

Well, what about you? Got something that would be considered 'childish', 'immature', 'weird' by most population? Not only collectibles or hobbies, feel free to share any funny or not cases of habits and traits ;)

My collection of custom-faced lay figures is cleverly disguised as Barbies & 12" GI Joes.

Last edited:
I've got a few of my old Hot Wheels cars on my desk, here, at work. I'll likely think of more to post...

Video Games and Card/Tabletop games (Magic the Gathering, Yugioh, the Final Fantasy TCG and Warhammer 40K) for me

Look at my avatar. I keep odd things like that around my house as knick-knacks. The first can of Prairie Belt canned sausage is upstairs in my studio, the other in my dining room. Neither are never to be opened (because they are most likely disgusting). Also an empty can of Bab-o in the living room and a huge can of chili beans with a plant in the living room. Oh, and a four year old, shriveled sweet potato with one google eye and a petrified grapefruit with a nice little face I drew on. Keep that last item in the bathroom. Because that's where you keep petrified fruit.

@kay

I was thinking those were the things with the defatted fatty tissue, but...nah.

Ingredients: Ingredients: Sausage (Mechanically Separated Chicken, Water, Chicken Skin, Pork Skin, Corn Syrup, Pork Spleens, Salt. Contains 2% Or Lee of: Mustard, Spices And Paprika, Natural Flavorings, Pork Stomachs, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Extractives of Paprika, Sodium Nitrite, Smoke Flavoring).
http://www.shopwell.com/prairie-belt-sausage-smoked/hot-dogs-sausages/p/5340035010

It's Potted Meat Food Product with that sterling ingredient. :)

• Hormel: Beef tripe, mechanically separated chicken, beef hearts, partially defatted cooked beef fatty tissue, meat broth, vinegar, salt, flavoring, sugar, and sodium nitrite.
  • Libby's: Mechanically separated chicken, pork skin, partially defatted cooked pork fatty tissue, partially defatted cooked beef fatty tissue, vinegar, less than 2% of: salt, spices, sugar, flavorings, sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrite.

@kay

I was thinking those were the things with the defatted fatty tissue, but...nah.

Ingredients: Ingredients: Sausage (Mechanically Separated Chicken, Water, Chicken Skin, Pork Skin, Corn Syrup, Pork Spleens, Salt. Contains 2% Or Lee of: Mustard, Spices And Paprika, Natural Flavorings, Pork Stomachs, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Extractives of Paprika, Sodium Nitrite, Smoke Flavoring).
http://www.shopwell.com/prairie-belt-sausage-smoked/hot-dogs-sausages/p/5340035010

It's Potted Meat Food Product with that sterling ingredient. :)

• Hormel: Beef tripe, mechanically separated chicken, beef hearts, partially defatted cooked beef fatty tissue, meat broth, vinegar, salt, flavoring, sugar, and sodium nitrite.
  • Libby's: Mechanically separated chicken, pork skin, partially defatted cooked pork fatty tissue, partially defatted cooked beef fatty tissue, vinegar, less than 2% of: salt, spices, sugar, flavorings, sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrite.

Mmmmm. That really sounds tasty ,particularly the pork spleens and fatty tissue. Next time that I go on a diet, I will be sure to read the ingredient list. That will kill my appetite.

My hobbies are very immature and I never admit them to any of my friends! Having children helps with this! I'm currently reading the faraway tree books because I loved them as a kid! I have loads of them adult colouring books and still have very old games consoles that I love to play..nintendo and Sega consoles. As for soft toys, I've only got a few that I regarded as 'special' from my childhood.

Sitting here looking at a My Little Pony toy from a
Happy Meal I keep by my PC speaker.
I like those Happy Meal toys.
I like T-shirts with crazy graphics and sayings on them.
Stuffed toys and cat face pillows.
And I never tire of the wonder of nature.
Adults would think it weird the way I notice little things when outside or driving and comment on them.
Like, "oh, look at the Bunny there."
I enjoy having animals around me. I'll pick up a turtle trying to cross the road and take it across. Keep frogs as pets and talk to the animals.
Like a child, but, I don't care.:p

My hobbies are very immature and I never admit them to any of my friends! Having children helps with this! I'm currently reading the faraway tree books because I loved them as a kid! I have loads of them adult colouring books and still have very old games consoles that I love to play..nintendo and Sega consoles. As for soft toys, I've only got a few that I regarded as 'special' from my childhood.

I'm not sure if they're similar or if "The Faraway Treehouse is the UK title of the books, but there's the Magic Treehouse books; there's 28 books in total (30 if you count the more recent ones) and I enjoyed them some when I was younger

It's about a pair of Siblings named Jack and Annie that come across a Seemingly regular Treehouse in the forest near their house but it has magical books can take them through time.

Magic Tree House - Wikipedia

I'm not sure if they're similar or if "The Faraway Treehouse is the UK title of the books, but there's the Magic Treehouse books; there's 28 books in total (30 if you count the more recent ones) and I enjoyed them some when I was younger

It's about a pair of Siblings named Jack and Annie that come across a Seemingly regular Treehouse in the forest near their house but it has magical books can take them through time.

Magic Tree House - Wikipedia

It's not the same but sounds similar. These books are about 3 kids who find an enchanted tree in the woods and the top of the tree has a ladder into the clouds where different worlds are

I didn't enjoy many of the toys and games that other children did such as dolls or action figures and tended to enjoy adult activities, and I still enjoy most of the activities such as board games, climbing trees and roaming around the countryside :)

I've got a fair few of the TV shows I used to watch as a kid at home; this serves a double purpose as it means I can watch the shows I used to love as a kid (assuming they've 'aged' decently) and it allows me to share these shows with my nieces and nephews when they come to visit.

An example is the TV series "The Magic Key", based on the old "Biff, Chip and Kipper" books and which I saw a fair few episodes of as a kid. It was about a group of kids going on adventures thanks to a magical key transporting them to different times and places, with the show having an educational segment in the middle like the "Look and Read" series.
Here's the theme song:

Last edited:
I've got a fair few of the TV shows I used to watch as a kid at home; this serves a double purpose as it means I can watch the shows I used to love as a kid (assuming they've 'aged' decently) and it allows me to share these shows with my nieces and nephews when they come to visit.

An example is the TV series "The Magic Key", based on the old "Biff, Chip and Kipper" books and which I saw a fair few episodes of as a kid. It was about a group of kids going on adventures thanks to a magical key transporting them to different times and places, with the show having an educational segment in the middle like the "Look and Read" series.
Here's the theme song:
I loved these books, I think it's the drawings that made me like them more than the actual stories. I bought the whole collection for my children and I love reading them to them

Look at my avatar. I keep odd things like that around my house as knick-knacks. The first can of Prairie Belt canned sausage is upstairs in my studio, the other in my dining room. Neither are never to be opened (because they are most likely disgusting). Also an empty can of Bab-o in the living room and a huge can of chili beans with a plant in the living room. Oh, and a four year old, shriveled sweet potato with one google eye and a petrified grapefruit with a nice little face I drew on. Keep that last item in the bathroom. Because that's where you keep petrified fruit.

I used to have a huge collection of old advertising tins and containers with great graphics. Some were from the late 1800s, but some were from the 1960s also. I love these items, and your avatar is a product I have thought of buying recently just to keep around for it’s awesome graphics. It’s a truly great design!

As a kid, I learned to make shapes out of popsicle sticks, where nothing but the tension of the sticks holds them together. Google "popsicle stick bomb" and you'll find some elaborate ones (but I don't make those). I also learned to fling popsicle sticks so they make a loud humming noise as they fly. I still like doing those.

I still love to walk through crunchy leaves in the fall. That's my favorite part of Autumn. And I like stomping in puddles.

Idk what's considered a childish hobby anymore... really. So don't know what to say lol... So many adults have hobbies that maybe 20 years ago would be considered childish. But these days "childish" hobbies are fairly common in people under 40.

I still have a teddy bear from when I was a child. I also still watch wrestling. I also still enjoy watching cartoons (And not the adult-themed ones).

I do like cartoons. Was with someone once who had a kid, which meant cartoons were what was on TV at her place, and I got hooked. They're just so cheerful and positive! If I wanted to watch people be awful to each other (adult-oriented programming) I would just go outside.

New Threads

Top Bottom