• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cherry tree?

Starflowerpower87

31A7CAB7-6F2D-4F7F-9A7A-DAD587AC3510.jpeg

That doesn't look like cherry, to me.

Here is picture of cherry blossoms, from the trees in my
yard earlier this month.

1685109252944.png

It is a lovely picture of a beautiful tree.

That being said....

As an herbalist, all I can say is that to me, it looks like an ornamental, and screams "toxic". Does not look like it is cherry, plum, or apple. I wonder if it's even in the rose family at all.

I can't get a close enough look, but from the pic, it resembles some Dogwoods that I have seen. And dogwood is poisonous.

I wouldn't eat any fruit that comes off that tree, ever, unless someone can tell you with certainty what it is, and then you check with books and other people as well. And even then, just remember, it's never a nice enough day to get your stomach pumped.

So pretty. And l wonder what it could be. Somebody did a great job pruning it, it as the ideal shape. Is there any type of berries on it?

You can get a plant identifier app, or use the picture on Google image search, it can be very useful at times but you have to check with the pictures to see if it's really the same sometimes as they might think it's a different plant that doesn't look the same.

I still think it's a crabapple tree, there are 2-3 types of crabapple trees that have the same flowers and colors. They are ornamental trees. I'll bet a dollar on Prairifire or Royalty.

I still think it's a crabapple tree, there are 2-3 types of crabapple trees that have the same flowers and colors. They are ornamental trees. I'll bet a dollar on Prairifire or Royalty.
It looks very much like some pictures i found online of crabapple, and I had always thought they were cherry trees when I was young, and I couldn't believe the adults.

I saw them next to cherry trees and I liked their more intense color.

It would be helpful to have a close-up of flowers and leaf arrangement, but from what I can see, I’m going with Forest Cat; it is some kind of ornamental crabapple.

I looked at the picture again, using my bigger screen. I think it possibly could be in the rose family. Which means potentially edible. 5 petals, smooth, mottled sapling bark, ovate lance leaves.

But still, I would need more research. Can you upload a closer photo of the lovely tree?

New Threads

Top Bottom