• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Cheated on

I have jealous pangs. Sadly, we do want to be their *all*.

She shouldn't have messed around. She should have told you and asked what you wanted to do. A lot of people have affairs when they can't tell the other one it's over. It's a wussy way and a lot of guys use that to break up their marriage.

She and you had run the course. Nobody's fault. Just perhaps facts. It's hard to be one when you have been 2 for so long. Breaking up is actual very hard to do as you stated. So to go back to single status is a downfall until you get back into your groove.

Many couples stay together because breaking up is too traumatizing for either of them. The divorce attorneys know that by the time a couple actually files for divorce, it's already ten years too late. Surprising isn't it.

I can't mess around because l would never want to make the person l care for feel bad. Like hey, no biggie, l am just going to shag the neighbor, the milkman, the vet, whatever. To me that's like telling lies. Don't do it.
Wife and I have some completely different interests. I'm a nudie. She isn't. I hike. She doesn't. She's Jewish. I'm not. She is still employed. I'm retired. Ect.

So I go hiking and do nudie things and usually she's off doing something different that interests her. If I had to give up the things I love to be married, I'd have married someone else. I didn't ask her to give up Judaism just because I have no religious faith. I'll go to services with her if she thinks it is important but most of the time I'll be doing something else. If she wants to go off on a cruise to Mexico with her BFF, I don't need to be there to chaperone.

If there is a clothing optional event sometimes she'll show up. Rode in the last World Naked Bike Ride with me. If nudity is required, she's out. She'll never attend a nude acting class with me or spend a weekend at a nudist resort. She'll go camping and do short hikes on well developed trails but she'll never tackle the kind of hiking I really love that takes all day and covers several miles in deep wilderness. If I join a hiking club or go on a long solo hike, she out.

Since I am doing things outside the home, that means I will meet a lot of people who share those interests. Some of them will be female. Some of them will be very cool people. I don't try to hide the fact I'm happily married and in many respects that makes a female friendship easier to establish. If I didn't feel completely comfortable introducing them to my wife, it would be a signal to me that I was going down the wrong path. I don't need that anxiety. Time to rethink the situation.

Neither of us can be the other's "everything." Personally I think that is a good thing.

At the end of the day after activities sans clothes, you come home to each other.☺
I am not opposed to trying some things out but your wife sounds very loving and you are obviously meant to for each other.

Last edited:
YO
At the end of the day after activities sans clothes, you come home to each other.☺
I am not opposed to trying some things out but your wife sounds very loving and you are obviously meant to for each other.
you sound like my brother his wife travels the world alone, he is an Aspie. likes to be alone, obvious they love each other.

To the OP, it is not your fault, So sorry that happened to you. I know you are hurt but, if I, may you should date someone. I don't care if it's a stripper meet people. Make her regret doing that to you and get a good lawyer and take everything!

New Threads

Top Bottom