• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Catholic Radio Host Says Enola Holmes Is “The Most Evil Movie To Ever Be Made”

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re not allowed to debate or challenge delusions of religious grandiosity, paranoia, projection or religious based persecution complex, in the religious section!

It’s therefore pointless to continue engaging with religious bigots or anything else in this section as reasonable, thought out and backed up arguments will simply be deleted, how ridiculous.
Coming from someone who hasn’t posted any arguments apart from the notorious “I went to a Catholic school!” line. (Every Faithful Catholic knows that Catholic Parochial School system is notoriously corrupt and teaches heterodoxy.)

Believe me, there is so much I love to say to shatter yours’ and others contempt-filled assumptions.

ac75 civil.png

Coming from someone who hasn’t posted any arguments apart from the notorious “I went to a Catholic school!” line. (Every Faithful Catholic knows that Catholic Parochial School system is notoriously corrupt and teaches heterodoxy.)

Believe me, there is so much I love to say to shatter yours’ and others contempt-filled assumptions.

You seem so insistent on attempting to mock me and what I have been through as the ex pupil of a Catholic school, your “yawn” comment was particularly cruel not that you would understand, and someone who spent time in the state care system, also run largely by priests.

I doubt however you would or could, be so devoid of compassion nor demonstrate a heart of ice as you do here, if you had sat in the interview room with the police as I was interviewed as an adult some years ago as part of an ongoing investigation into the systematic sexual and physical abuse of many pupils and residents and the subsequent attempt at a cover up.

I could attempt to open up to you about some of the details, my details, and try to educate you about the reality of what was covered up and by whom, but your mind seems so firmly closed and your delusions of how illustrious and magical your attempt at becoming holy is, and you’re so blinded by what you imagine the church is, that you’ll never understand how rotten it really is. I don’t think caring is something that is in you so baring myself would be fruitless.

It may have entertained or given you a thrill to have sat in on a few sessions during the years of therapy I and the others went through, but it would have meant nothing compared to your religious imaginings and the gold which would blind you on the alter.

So I’ll give you something to contemplate from a recent investigation
they are not my words so may mean something to you.

Prof Alexis Jay, the chair of the inquiry, said: “For decades, the Catholic church’s failure to tackle child sexual abuse consigned many more children to the same fate. It is clear that the church’s reputation was valued above the welfare of victims, with allegations ignored and perpetrators protected. Even today, the responses of the Holy See appear at odds with the pope’s promise to take action on this hugely important problem.”

“The fact is Nichols is a serial protector of paedophiles and he is the person that you should least expect it from. The head of a church should have the greatest morals of all but instead they were sending paedophiles to other areas of the country – and America – in an attempt to cover the abuse up.”

The 162-page report said “the church’s neglect of the physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing of children and young people in favour of protecting its reputation was in conflict with its mission of love and care for the innocent and vulnerable.”

Another victim, identified by the inquiry only as A711, said: “The church needs a seismic shift in culture, especially at the top. If there is any hope at all of real change it will require a relinquishing of power, and a will to treat survivors as human beings.”

The sexual abuse of children involved instances of “masturbation, oral sex, vaginal rape and anal rape”. On occasions, the inquiry says, it was accompanied by “sadistic beatings driven by sexual gratification” as well as “deeply manipulative behaviour by those in positions of trust”.

When complaints were made, the church invariably failed to support victims and survivors but took action to protect alleged perpetrators by moving them to a different parish. “Child sexual abuse,” the report says, “was swept under the carpet.”

REMINDER

If you come across something you find offensive or believe breaks the rules, report it to a member of staff using the report button. Do not reply to the thread. If you are having a problem with another member of the forums, you may contact a member of staff via Private Message about it
General Rules & Guidelines

Actually I’m feeling so upset now this has reopened trauma I thought was largely dealt with. I won’t be able to continue commenting here any further and will have to bow out and leave others to comment or not as they see fit.

If some believe me to have lost the argument and be beaten, then I can assure you that in reality I feel crushed now, devastated and drained. beyond belief. I wish you all well.

I’m sorry, @Starfire. :( Religious fanaticism...again, same thing we’ve seen for the last 2,000 years. Don’t let it get to you. Go watch Enola Holmes instead. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom