• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I've been meaning to discuss this for sometime now.

After being on here and observing my fellow-aspies and getting a better understanding of myself and others, I have come to believe the fellowing about Autism as viewed through my own religious philosophy. Catholic philosophy teaches that the human person is made up of three aspects, the intellect, the will, and the body and its senses and appetites. Looking at Autism through my philosophical lens, I feel like one significant aspect of Autism is that there seems to be this kind of distance between the body and the intellect and will, though at the same time, a kind of sensitivity to the body in contrast with psychopathy, where there is a kind of perverse mortification of the body and its senses.

The reason I suspect this, is in addition sensory issues, the vast majority of human communication is physical in nature, body posture, eye-contact, facial expressions; one of the only forms of socializing that we don't have trouble with (we aspies that is) and in fact are quite sensitive to, is speech, and speech is the least bodily forms of face-to-face communication. So that's how I view of Autism from a Catholic philosophical standpoint, what're your thoughts, are there somethings I'm missing? I obviously don't know that much and there are some areas I haven't explored yet, like the difference between male aspies and female aspies.

Please do share your thoughts.
I was born and raised Catholic, I don't practice now however in my forties I re-gained my faith in a Divine Creator.
I lost my faith as I felt there was not enough proof of a God in my teens.
I regained my faith in Divinity as my mind was opened enough for my consciousness to make some deep spiritual realisations that I just simply didn't feel I had access to before.
Unfortunately my mind was laid open via the use of psychedelic drugs, man made ones that I don't use anymore.

The Catholics do believe in a soul. I remember as a little girl seeing my soul as a white object inside of me, and sins being black marks on it.

It was only through reading Hinduism which is tolerant of other religions, that I realise that Jesus did exist and to me, Christ represents consciousness, Christ Consciousness, what spiritual aspirants are all trying to attain.

I didn't know I was on the spectrum until last year.

Psychopathy is an umberella term of various levels and degrees of damage or failure to recover from trauma, and the willingness to hurt and harm.

Autism is a neurological condition we are born with and if we cultivate it right by right action and making the most of our gifts and talents, just like Jesus preached, we have a head-start on consciousness expansion because we are so sensitive. If we do the right things, we can attain Christ Consciousness, some of the Indian Yogi's may have had AS.
Yogananda felt he came from another planet.
Dr Edward Hall a Native American Mohawk said autistics have a licence to become a shaman, there is a video of it. Shaman are people with higher vibrational frequencies and expanded consciousness.

In the ancient times autistic people were recognised as needing their own space and were taken away to be trained by a Shaman and were apprentices of Shaman to become Shamen themselves.

I think Jesus was kind of a Yogi, Shaman type of person. Yogananda in his book "The Second Coming of Christ" (which I have not read in full) says the second coming is us realising the Christ Consciousness in ourselves.

The sensory issues we have, if cultivated correctly by creative activities in childhood can lead to heightened intuitive senses and wisdom rather than overwhelm, hyper emotionality, mental health co-morbidities.

While I am tolerant of all religions and indeed have a couple of Catholic friends, I did not know that I was being indoctrinated, I just swallowed what I was taught, things that didn't make sense to me, and I didn't think to ask, back in the 1970's, I think if I had known what I know to feel true to me now, I think I would have got into trouble for asking awkward questions.

I think we look at autism in a broader spiritual context and how we relate to the Divine Creator who is so omnipresent, this Divine Creator dwells in us and is part of everything that is, that ever was, that ever will be, that might be, and even that what isn't.

While I am tolerant of all religions and indeed have a couple of Catholic friends, I did not know that I was being indoctrinated, I just swallowed what I was taught, things that didn't make sense to me, and I didn't think to ask, back in the 1970's, I think if I had known what I know to feel true to me now, I think I would have got into trouble for asking awkward questions.

I think we look at autism in a broader spiritual context and how we relate to the Divine Creator who is so omnipresent, this Divine Creator dwells in us and is part of everything that is, that ever was, that ever will be, that might be, and even that what isn't.
What kind of awkward questions do you think you would’ve had back then?

What kind of awkward questions do you think you would’ve had back then?
The things that I have raised in my post.
Various things from the Bible that didn't make sense.
It's only now I am much older I realise the bits of the bible that haven't been altered or corrupted had a dreamy mythological message, a sublime meaning.
As Jesus said, for those with ears to hear, eyes to see, I didn't have those back then.

The things that I have raised in my post.
Various things from the Bible that didn't make sense.
It's only now I am much older I realise the bits of the bible that haven't been altered or corrupted had a dreamy mythological message, a sublime meaning.
As Jesus said, for those with ears to hear, eyes to see, I didn't have those back then.
Can you share some passages in the Bible that show this?

New Threads

Top Bottom