• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Carpet is ruining my quality of life.

Oh! And I love your idea for bamboo rugs, that would actually look really good on top of carpet and solve your problems with the carpet. I might have to steal that idea myself, actually :D

Yeah, agreed. An interesting proposition that leaves the original rug intact, yet no longer an issue if completely covered by bamboo. :cool:

I had this this issue when my Mum got new carpet. We brought a rug which was the same texture as the old carpet for a safe space.

I had this this issue when my Mum got new carpet. We brought a rug which was the same texture as the old carpet for a safe space.
My mine duration was that I use to play with my zhu zhu pet toys on it everyday (I was round 14/ 15) so i got brought hamster ball so I could still do this.

Wooden floor, yes please. Carpets, ugh. I have a carpet in my rental room right now and it's condition is as good as of everything else - that is, terrible but standing so not to be exchanged. So I can sympathise. And then comes a dilemma because I hate stepping on it but I hate even more walking around at home in shoes or socks. Eh.

First thing I did when I moved into Grams house, was remove all the wall to wall carpets. Couldn't stand the idea of walking on something with decades of other people's dirt, bought area rugs for certain areas.
Noticed in the areas where there were no carpets that the hardwood flooring had gaps. In those gaps you could see decades of dirt and dust and other ukky stuff, which freaked me out. I crawled around on those floors for weeks, with a thin metal pointed rod, and a huge shop vac, and sucked that disgusting stuff out of those floor cracks.

New Threads

Top Bottom