• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can't post in certain forums

Rectify

V.I.P Member
There must be an explanation somewhere about which forums you can post in and when, but I can't find it.

Specifically I just went to post about a book but I'm not allowed to. Do I need to make a certain number of posts first? Or what is the rule?

Thanks

Hi @Rectify,
I'm not sure about the number of posts thing.
There are areas of the forum that are VIP members only. Might your posting have been in one of those?

There's an option to pay yearly subs to the site, giving access to all areas and certain areas that only members can see (not search engines)
In addition to other benefits.

The only 2 places that are really restricted is the VIP Lounge sub-forum, and the Politics Forum. Everywhere else is basically free reign.

Also, I believe if you want to add a Book/Discussion to the Autism and Aspergers Books subForum, you might have to PM one of the Staff, though I'm unsure if they'll accept any additions, the same would likely go for the Autism/Asperger's Directory sub-Forum. However i'm not 100% sure on any of that; I've only been here over a year and have not seen any new posts in either section, so it's safe to assume they're just archived and kept for future discussion should it pique anyone elses interest.

VIP membership is required for the VIP Lounge which is hidden from regular Members, and the Politics Forum is an optional opt-in. You can find the checkmark box for that here: https://www.autismforums.com/account/personal-details; just scroll down some and you'll see it. Don't forget to hit the "Save Changes" button as well afterwards which is below the "about me" part.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom