• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can you speak another language?

Yep apart from English I can speak Welsh.

countdown.jpg

A VOWEL please.

I speak & understand German which is a great language to learn as its rules are really straightforward. I also speak (but only barely read) Russian, and have tried to learn Latin and Welsh. I can sing in both due to schooling, and learned a bit of Latin by myself.

If anyone's interested, the Open University do some free online beginner's courses in a number of languages.

I speak & understand German which is a great language to learn as its rules are really straightforward.

I've German ancestry on my father's side but while I can remember so many words I do find the grammar difficult with the neutral gender addition and the use of compound nouns that often produce words of twenty letters or more!

I'm British so I speak English.

I am conversant in German, and I can speak a little of the following languages: Polish, Russian, Farsi (Persian), Arabic, Hindi; and Punjabi.

I am especially trying to learn the latter two because my fiancee's native language is Punjabi and his second language (the national language of India) is Hindi. Hindi is relatively easy and there are many resources to learn, however I have 3 and a half month old twins and trying to learn with that isnt exactly easy. Punjabi doesn't have as many resources and to me, is a lot harder. I can't read the script for Hindi or Punjabi but I can read the script for Urdu, Farsi, and Arabic. I kinda need to learn because my future in-laws don't speak English at all, and we do video call every week. And, our daughters are being raised with Punjabi and our friends are predominantly Punjabi or Hindi speaking and I want to understand especially when im being spoken about!

I speak & understand German which is a great language to learn as its rules are really straightforward. I also speak (but only barely read) Russian, and have tried to learn Latin and Welsh. I can sing in both due to schooling, and learned a bit of Latin by myself.

If anyone's interested, the Open University do some free online beginner's courses in a number of languages.

Hmm, I might have a look at that, I could possibly do with learning a bit of South Korean now that I'm doing Taekwondo.

New Threads

Top Bottom