• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can you be pushed to quit a job?

Honestly, it would depend on various situations. First, I would not keep a job if I felt that my co-workers were verbally abusing me and/or criticizing my work in a non-constructive manner (i.e., "This is all wrong!" or "You suck!" - I would never put up with that at all because it's both hurtful and extremely unprofessional to say things like that in the workplace). Second, I would quit right away if I felt threatened by anyone at work. Third, I would not keep a job if I hear about another job that I feel may post better opportunities for me in the long run.

I've never been in a position where having a job was essential to my security in this world until recently. Despite that, I've held onto terrible jobs (such as the self serve frozen yogurt shop, where a new manager left a very nasty and untrue note about me for the GM out in plain site knowing that I was going to be one of the first people in the store in the morning and the GM wouldn't be arriving until about three, so I'd DEFINITELY see it, or the restaurant where all of my colleagues yelled at me and teased me for being "slow", and having one of my managers sign me off the clock an hour before I was done working) until I found new employment. Daddy taught me well, but had he not I would've quit both of those jobs on the spot. My condition doesn't matter, you don't treat your employees/coworkers like that. Ever. Period. Or at least that's how I feel.

I have quit once for such reasons. I have the habit of kicking the ants nest without realizing it resulting in being fired...usually because I piss off the wrong person. I can't help it, sometimes it wears me down to the point I perform my job poorly. I give up in a sense, usually unable to just quit, so I give them a reason to fire me.

New Threads

Top Bottom