• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can ASD people also have bipolar?

Tony Ramirez

Single. True friend's.
V.I.P Member
This is a extension of my post about ASD having learning disability.

I was told after going to therapy sessions that I might also have some bipolar. I take Seroquel which is helping me greatly and is a bipolar drug. Also they think that my Kakologophobia (fear of profanity) might be part bipolar as I was told.

So I am asking since I find misleading information that you can have ASD, or you can be bipolar but is it possible to have both?

Seeing as autism is a neurological difference, it's unlikely to preclude any particular mental illness. :eek:

I'm Bipolar!

There's no such thing as "full bipolar," people either have Bipolar disorder or they do not. ;)

I don't understand how a fear of profanity could have anything to do with Bipolar. My only guess is that they're saying this with the presumption that your fear of profanity is really just an overreaction, an overreaction so profound because you're Bipolar. That's just a guess, but I can't think of any other reason. :confused:

Bipolar is also one of the well known co morbid diagnosis to both ASD as well as ADHD

Among the gazilion Comorbid diagnosis i have . I also have Bipolar

I have Aspergers and bipolar disorder. Just a quick remark: Seroquel isn’t a “bipolar drug”. It’s an antipsychotic that can be used as a mood stabilizer in bipolar disorder, but it’s used to treat other disorders as well, such as schizophrenia and unipolar depression. It is also used off-label as a sleeping aid.

Other than that I agree with @Fino, you can’t be partially bipolar.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom