• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Callback for modeling!

Robby

Got some great news today! Yesterday on a whim I sent in some headshots of me to a local modeling agency. The manager emailed me back today and said she thinks I'm cute and wants me to come in and talk to her about representation! Really excited, going in in a few days to meet with her. I've always wanted to model but never have. Not sure what's involved assuming they want to sign me, or if they charge anything to sign you, as I am broke and already have tons of student loan debt, lol, but hoping for the best! I've always wanted to model and travel and this could be a great opportunity!

Thanks I'm excited about it. It's a local agency, and they offer acting classes workshops and all kinds of stuff, I'm mainly just interested in print/editorial modeling. Not sure what to expect, I am meeting with the talent scout this week. Not sure if they just like sign you on the spot if they like you or how it works. I think they send people on gigs to places like New York and LA, but I'll probably do some local jobs first assuming I get booked for them, and get some experience.

Thanks I'm excited!! It's a modeling/talent agency, I've never done this before so not sure how this works, and honestly didn't expect to hear anything, I just sent them a few pictures I'd taken of myself. The lady spoke with me on the phone and said she thought my pics are cute, so going to meet her tomorrow. Hope there isn't a catch or something, but hey, if they want to sign me to their agency, I'm all for it! Could be a great opportunity.

Thanks I'm excited!! It's a modeling/talent agency, I've never done this before so not sure how this works, and honestly didn't expect to hear anything, I just sent them a few pictures I'd taken of myself. The lady spoke with me on the phone and said she thought my pics are cute, so going to meet her tomorrow. Hope there isn't a catch or something, but hey, if they want to sign me to their agency, I'm all for it! Could be a great opportunity.

The ability to follow instant and impromptu simple direction is important. One of my cousins did some male modelling for a few years. He really enjoyed it. Good luck with this new opportunity. :)

Last edited:
Thanks I met with the talent scout and they run the local agency and she said she thinks I have a great look and could be great in acting. They have a workshop that includes acting classes and plus you get professional photos done to be published on their website for bookings that goes along with the workshop. They do charge 324 dollars down payment for the workshop and classes, I was a little leery of that, but the total for everything is like 900 dollars but 324 dollars is not all that much for potentially getting great opportunities. I want to think it over first though. I don't live in a huge town so that might be part of the price to pay to get myself out there, as opposed to if I lived somewhere like New York, where there's a model scout on every street corner practically. I did look this local agency up and they are BBB accredited and have an A-plus rating so seems legit, just something I'll do on the side probably unless I do get discovered lol.

My only suggestion is this Robby, attempt to get a list of their graduates so that you can contact them and discover how it went. Come up with a list of questions to ask them such as: How did the classes help you? Did you find contacts during the classes and after? Did you find work in the field afterwards? Otherwise, I hope it all works out for you, and good luck. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom