• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bullying in the Autistic community

But that is exactly the reason I never started any social media accounts, and nobody in my house has either.
I'm the same, I have no social media presence at all. I also play a lot of video games but never online.

As you know, I hate arguments.
I prefer discussions with the intent to share ideas for mutual enlightenment.
I embrace the same thinking as you. <hug>

Yes sweetie but I may also do very rough ones, not sure if you've seen. Sarcasm included, cultist view calling out, fallacious thinking dismantling, pointing out lack of independence in thinking, indoctrination and all hellish things.:joycat:

Hug.

When I was younger (before the internet), if I said something mean to you it would have been to your face. Then you punch me in the face. So I considered the consequences. If I said it behind your back, you might drive across town and punch me in the face. Still, there could be consequences.

10 years ago I would at least need to be in front of a computer. Today…. I can say horrible things about anyone I like from the bus, or on the toilet at work. I choose not to do those things because it’s wrong. But there’s a whole lot of folks who have no consideration for others. And they take advantage of the internet to become “micro-bullies”. (I should trademark that term).

I stopped trying to figure it out. But that is exactly the reason I never started any social media accounts, and nobody in my house has either.
Social media can become quite negative, superficial and us vs them mentality instead of acceptance.

Dad was a cult leader, so I had a lot of debates I could learn from, ironically. His debates were extremely bad, so I learned what not to do. I would say that dad got ahead of himself, and he was wrong. But I would like to point out you can get ahead of yourself and be right in your points. A balance is my preference.

It's strange but with his bad logic dad would always convince others.

Last edited:
I'm very upset that in an autism forum bullying is still prevalent. We have experienced so much discrimination and bullying from our invisible disability. It's unfortunate to see a group of people that should know better instead punch down, inflict discrimination, and continue spreading falsehoods about another marginalized community, transgender people..

I'm the same, I have no social media presence at all. I also play a lot of video games but never online.
I renounced Facebook mostly when I heard of all the nastiness going on, and a lot of people were giving it up, I'm like, of course they would. I largely use it for my very few real life connections.

Quora is full of perv accounts with links to websites, I must have flagged over 1000 accounts of the same person, in a day. Gotten tired lol. Perhaps they have bots to help them make new and new ones.

New Threads

Top Bottom