• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Boxanne

Got the latches fitted on the cupboard doors.
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-30 at 19.14.51.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-30 at 21.13.51.jpg

Fitted the finger plate and second latch to the front door.
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-30 at 19.40.11.jpg

Put decorator's caulk around the edges of the plywood.
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-30 at 20.53.56.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-30 at 20.53.58.jpg

This is why I'm feeling dizzy and unsteady in the van.
344240675_181967594347986_1840938306315025711_n.jpg

Paint arrives tomorrow. I will do the walls and ceiling in primer.

Ed

Just accept the imperfections as a journey of life. The door looks beautiful. If feels like a safe place to be. Your oasis.

Over the past few weeks I'd felt a strong urge to finally talk to the old boy who lived several houses down from us. He'd lived there my whole life and I'd never once spoken to him. I knew he was a creative sort, and a recluse. A man after my own heart.

He spent his twilight years living in a tiny Honda campervan parked in the driveway of his house. His home was a lifelong rennovation project that never saw completion and sat seemingly unliveable.

He was well into his 90's, and ever since I was a child - whenever I saw him, we greeted each other with a warm smile. For me that's often enough. I'll happily be lost in thought and imagination of the possibilities of talking to someone without it ever coming to pass.

My inner voice was quite literally screaming at me to talk to him in recent weeks, but I never did. Then, yesterday as I went out to get some food after working on my van - a sudden and very strong thought entered my head.
I realised it was ok that we never spoke to one another. That there was a mutual intrigue, respect and care. Words weren't needed, there was some sort of distant bond. I felt calm in my realisation that there was no longer any need for regret.

That evening, as I worked on my van for several hours, I saw an ambulance pull up and then a fire truck. They towed his van into the road, and had to force entry. I knew in my gut as soon as I saw the ambulance park up by his that he was dead.

Here's to you George. You forever had me curious.

Ed

Last edited:
I contacted a company I used to work for about changing the shutter door lock. They've been really helpful and managed to locate the original manufacturer.

However, they were honest and said try a locksmith first, as it would no doubt be cheaper. I phoned one on my lunch break today, and they're due to come back to me soon. They said they're actually doing a course in the upcoming weeks regarding vehicles, and were expanding the business to include vehicle locks.

So that's good timing.

In other news, I'm awaiting this gravel trust cheque I get once a year. But now it's a bank transfer. Due any day now. Quite antsy. It'll allow me to get the composting toilet, the mattress and the heavy duty wheel clamp for Boxanne.

My car is booked in for it's annual service and MOT on 30th May. Once that's done, and his brother is finishing up with 3 days more on Boxanne from 29th May - I can look to sell the car. This will help fund some more work/parts on the van. Most likely saving up to get the electrics all done.

Ed

Locksmith recommended another locksmith to try who has more expertise with vehicles. He said he probably could fix it, there's a chance it might not be do-able, and so he said this other local company might be able to help me. Good lad - I appreciate his honesty.

If all else fails, my last company I worked for have located the manufacturer of the shutter door, so the whole assembly could be replaced as a last resort.

The hunt continues.

Ed

Shoe rack arrived. This will fit in the corner which sits behind the front door when it's open.

Needs some Danish oil first though.

344866619_625819566083798_3228393185759473860_n.jpg

Ed

Wow, we have a lot vandalism. The park l live in is finally closing access to our area of homes, because wondering thieves has gotten out of hand.
We had a walkable path to Walmart, and they decided to shut it down.

Wow, we have a lot vandalism. The park l live in is finally closing access to our area of homes, because wondering thieves has gotten out of hand.
We had a walkable path to Walmart, and they decided to shut it down.
Oh I was joking. I got paint on my shoes when I was painting the van :)

Ed

2nd coat done. Light and airy. The beige; or "Eyptian Cotton" will contrast well with the dark wood stain window frames. Also doing wood stain architraves and skirting board all around too. High end finish, because I'm all about the aesthetics.

1684083510659.png

Ed

New Threads

Top Bottom