• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Book Selection

Which book?

• The Three Christs of Yspilanti

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Dirt

• All the Pretty Horses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glamorama

• Total voters
We’re not meant to start reading just yet, right?

Umm, good question! I have started, as my reading time is less predictable so I feel the need to do it when I can. I think my default bias is to presume I have 30 days. But this isn't monthly necessarily? So I'm reading to not be ahead, but to ensure I make it to the finish line w/ everyone else...cuz life. :)

Wow, I'm sorry I wasn't clear! I did intend for us to have started already and this was the post that was meant to convey that, with the same statement being in the OP. By announcing that a thread will be made in a month to discuss it I was intending to start the clock on that month.

Okay, thank you! That's what we'll do then.

The winner is: Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst. A thread will be made to discuss it in a month+a few days to give people time to start.

Here's a link to it on Amazon, in case that's the route you're going: https://www.amazon.com/Behave-Biolo...s+at+Our+Best+and+Worst&qid=1597893196&sr=8-4

Because of the extra days I added to give us time to obtain the book, there's currently 28 days left to read it for what I originally have. I can push that back a few days, making the month start now, if that's preferable for most of us. I've started but I'm not at all far in.

I'm still very early. I'm not at that phase of my life where I can choose to sit for lots of hours reading. And this one is extra long.. But if date is reset, can totally wait for unison reading. :)

I will be reading around my work hours but if it's good, l will have a hard time NOT reading it.

My book isnt delivered until 2 more weeks- Sept 10. Could we start Sept 20th as offical date???

Wait, if the book is delivered September 10th, then why start the 20th? Why not start the 10th? Or is that a typo?

Wait, if the book is delivered September 10th, then why start the 20th? Why not start the 10th? Or is that a typo?

Because if we start the 10th, l would have to read the book on the 10th and l am not sure if l could read the book in one day. Plus l thought you were giving us a month, perhaps this changed and l was unaware. But l will update you the min l get it!

Because if we start the 10th, l would have to read the book on the 10th and l am not sure if l could read the book in one day. Plus l thought you were giving us a month, perhaps this changed and l was unaware. But l will update you the min l get it!

Oh, I think we have a misunderstanding here. By start (I think) we mean the start of the month period here. So should we make officially the thread day into 10th October? I think it would be enough time for everyone :)

Or we could make it simple and have it as a regular 1st of the month thing? 1st - 30th September to read, open discussion on the book from 1st - 31st October, choose a new book part way through October to start on the 1st November etc.

Last edited:
Or we could make it simple and have it as a regular 1st of the month thing? 1st - 30th September to read, open discussion on the book from 1st - 31st October, choose a new book pert way through October to start on the 1st November etc.

Sounds simple but I think it would be more fair if everyone had at least the promised one month. We can use the same way simply starting on 10th instead of 1st - still simple enough. With the 20 days Aspychata would have it would take only one busy week to throw the potential reading schedule completely out of whack and create a strong sense of pressure until deadline.

We can always hold a shorter 20 day discussion this time and make it from the 1st starting with the next book.

Yeah, there was definitely a misunderstanding! I indeed was talking about the date we begin reading, not the date we finish reading. I'm perfectly fine with the date we start the clock on the month of reading being the 10th.

And I do like these ideas, regularity is my life!

Yeah, there was definitely a misunderstanding! I indeed was talking about the date we begin reading, not the date we finish reading. I'm perfectly fine with the date we start the clock on the month of reading being the 10th.

And I do like these ideas, regularity is my life!

It’s a huge/long book, so I agree that October 10 is a good finish date.

Does anyone else think that it may be better to discuss the book after reading, say, every chapter or every three chapters or so? It’s such a long book, and there is so much detail that discussing the entire thing at once is going to be overwhelming. How about if we read two or three chapters at a time and then discuss them?

New Threads

Top Bottom