• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Book Selection

Which book?

• The Three Christs of Yspilanti

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Dirt

• All the Pretty Horses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glamorama

• Total voters

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
The winner is: Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst. A thread will be made to discuss it in a month+a few days to give people time to start.

Here's a link to it on Amazon, in case that's the route you're going: https://www.amazon.com/Behave-Biolo...s+at+Our+Best+and+Worst&qid=1597893196&sr=8-4

Please only vote if you'll be participating.

-The Three Christs of Ypsilanti: "The Three Christs of Ypsilanti (1964) is a book-length psychiatric case study by Milton Rokeach, concerning his experiment on a group of three paranoid schizophrenics at Ypsilanti State Hospital[1] in Ypsilanti, Michigan. The book details the interactions of the three patients—Clyde Benson, Joseph Cassel, and Leon Gabor—each of whom believed himself to be Jesus Christ."

-Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst: "Why do we do the things we do?
More than a decade in the making, this game-changing book is Robert Sapolsky's genre-shattering attempt to answer that question as fully as perhaps only he could, looking at it from every angle."

-The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events: "In this pioneering work, Seth explores the connection between personal beliefs and world events. He pinpoints the unconscious — and often negative — beliefs pervading science and religion, medicine and mythology, and offers thought-provoking reflections on Darwinism, Freudianism, religions, cults, and medical beliefs."

-American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins: "American Dirt is a 2020 novel by American author Jeanine Cummins, about the ordeal of a Mexican woman who had to leave behind her life and escape as an undocumented immigrant to the United States with her son."

-All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy: "All the Pretty Horses tells of young John Grady Cole, the last of a long line of Texas ranchers. Across the border Mexico beckons—beautiful and desolate, rugged and cruelly civilized. With two companions, he sets off on an idyllic, sometimes comic adventure, to a place where dreams are paid for in blood."

-Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis: "Glamorama is a 1998 novel by American writer Bret Easton Ellis. Glamorama is set in and satirizes the 1990s, specifically celebrity culture and consumerism. Time describes the novel as "a screed against models and celebrity.""

Last edited:
We need cut off date to obtain book and start! What book? l need to order. @Fino - run with it....

If it's a landslide, we likely don't need a cut-off date, but I've only been giving about 24 hours for all the other steps of the process, which would end the voting in about 8 hours.

In the meantime, I was debating between two ways of doing the next step and was wondering if anyone had an opinion.

1. A thread is made for the book and as soon as anyone finishes the book they can go to that thread and start discussing it.

or

2. We wait a month then make a thread for the book, at which point presumably everyone will discuss it.

If it's a landslide, we likely don't need a cut-off date, but I've only been giving about 24 hours for all the other steps of the process, which would end the voting in about 8 hours.

In the meantime, I was debating between two ways of doing the next step and was wondering if anyone had an opinion.

1. A thread is made for the book and as soon as anyone finishes the book they can go to that thread and start discussing it.

or

2. We wait a month then make a thread for the book, at which point presumably everyone will discuss it.

I vote on making thread on the book in a month. This way we may avoid spoilers and misunderstandings. I don't know how others but my own natural curiosity would force me to look into the thread despite not having the book read and completely ruin the feeling :rolleyes:

I vote on making thread on the book in a month.

I agree.

There is more of a sense of togetherness if the discussion happens at the same time. If some are done early and start discussing, it can add stress to those that feel like they are missing out.

Sorry, I edited the original post with the information but for some reason didn't include it in the post here. We are of a like mind! I just edited that post with the information.

This store is so impressive. Browsed the store in my first and only trip to Portland.

I know, isn’t it just? It’s the largest independent bookstore in the world. I could pitch a tent in Powell’s and just live there forever, reading and reading and reading.

New Threads

Top Bottom