• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Book Collectors...

Sass

So I'm trying to restock my library, after a move of countries meant I had to give away over 200 books :(

I'm starting to find all the tomes I love and either have read or want to read.

Anyone else collect books?

Attachments

• 2016-03-20 15.50.32.jpg
    2016-03-20 15.50.32.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 2016-03-20 16.01.39.jpg
    2016-03-20 16.01.39.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 2016-03-20 16.01.54.jpg
    2016-03-20 16.01.54.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 2016-03-21 13.03.22.jpg
    2016-03-21 13.03.22.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 199
I used to, but it takes too much space. Plus i never can order them the way I want (one is too big, or not the good color, and so on). I now have a kindle. Much easier to classify. I still have a few of my favorite books and a few very old ones too, though.

I have a Kindle too, and I love it, but there's something I love about holding a proper book.

I once had every novel written by Stephen King, both hardback and paperback. Since then he's written more and I've lost a few of the ones I had, but I still read his stuff. I was thinking about going back to some of the old books I used to read of his and reread them.

I love books. I have to admit I prefer physical copies to stuff on a kindle because there's some novels that don't get sold outside of small used bookstores, y'know? Plus, what everyone else said, the smell, the page turning, the investment, etc..

I love books. I love the smell most of all, there used to be a business directory here and I wasn't really interested in the contents but I used to get it because it had that 'bookshop' smell ramped up to ten. I don't buy as many books as I used to and mainly get books for the kids when I do. The books I do have I have them in a Billy bookcase, in publisher order and also size order where possible (publishers who make their books all different shapes and sizes give me a bit of a headache in that regard).

aww, 200 books gone :(

i had to do get rid of my collection too and it was heartbreaking, i had some beautiful old books.
i made alot of money selling them but i still get a pang and want to read some of my old favs.

i had this really cool copy of the monkey king myth with all these crazy prints in it and Faust
with beautiful heavy binding with the most stunning art that made me want to read it by
candle light for some reason. i only have paperback copies now, and haven't collected any
good quality books for ages. when i lived with my ex wife i used to go to this second hand
bookshop every week, the owner used to keep aside all the exotic books that he picked up
and he would show me the new ones each week n have a coffee. the place smelled like
cheap incense, dust and that beautiful old book smell.

i really miss collecting them, if you ever go into a good secondhand bookshop talk to the
owner, the amount of stories the owner used to tell me were awesome, he must have read
every book worth reading in his shop, he introduced me to books, concepts n ideas that i
would never have come close to understanding without our chats, he was so passionate
about literature that it was infectious and i always left feeling exited to rush off and read
the books he switched me on to.

gah, i was only going to say that i used to collect books, i haven't thought of him in ages.o_O
i like book people:)

i had this really cool copy of the monkey king myth with all these crazy prints in it and Faust
with beautiful heavy binding with the most stunning art that made me want to read it by
candle light for some reason.

That is totally badass. In midieval latin, we are currently reading Geoffrey of Monmouth; maybe I should translate by candlelight...

These are the words I wrote that are in the book. They're lyrics for a song one of the characters sings at the end of the story...

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 4.07.59 PM.png

New Threads

Top Bottom