• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Blog customization - it looks so simple...

Aspergirl4hire

Mage, Sage, Revolutionary
I discovered the Customize tool and tried to change color for my headers. I found the control, picked the color, and I didn't find a save button. I closed the window and refreshed the page, and color is still light gray. What else should I do to save the color change?

Not urgent, I'm just having some fun with it...

Is it possible to extend the ignore function to prevent a member from commenting on a blog, or does ignore do that already?

Almost nothing about BLOGs looks simple to me.
I keep asking if there is a Blog How To--------but
no answers.

I'm not asking to be cute or funny.
I really don't understand how material is sorted in the
blogs or what Blog Roll means.....

I don't know how to use the Blog area.
I think I would like to, but I don't want to mess it up.
Be disorganized.

Almost nothing about BLOGs looks simple to me.
I keep asking if there is a Blog How To--------but
no answers.

I'm not asking to be cute or funny.
I really don't understand how material is sorted in the
blogs or what Blog Roll means.....

I don't know how to use the Blog area.
I think I would like to, but I don't want to mess it up.
Be disorganized.

I had to play with it a lot. I can share whatever I know. Do you want to post specific questions here or PM me? Either's good. Sometimes I just don't know. One thing I do know: messing anything up is temporary. Sooner or later it can be put right.

Aspergirl4hire

I don't understand the categories for the entries.
Am I supposed to sort them into those categories?

What does Blog Roll mean?

Aspergirl4hire

I don't understand the categories for the entries.
Am I supposed to sort them into those categories?

What does Blog Roll mean?

Hi, tree.

You don't have to use categories. They don't have clear definitions. They can be useful if people are trying to search for blogs that are kind of about the same thing.

This is just my opinion. Let's say you, yourself, like to write about the same kinds of things that you like to post about. So, if your blog is a lengthier version of the kinds of things you post, then in your case, I suspect a useful Category would be Random/Silly (I'm not looking at the list, so these might not be the exact words). You have a way of looking at the world that's true and unusual, and if you wanted to alert people to expect that, you would choose those. And you are funny--possibly you don't know this about yourself, but the essential aspect of humor is the joining of two things that people don't normally join, and you're good at it.

Entertainment would be anything you spend free time or available money on: a movie review, or a book, or games. If the game is online, you could choose either Entertainment or Technology/Internet. Either is right, and Entertainment would be better if you want to talk about how happy the thing you're writing about makes you. Technoloy/Internet would be better if you were talking about your equipment, your Internet experience, computers, smartphones. If you're playing a multi-player game...flip a coin, there's no good way to pick between them in that case.

The one that's Everyday Life, or close to those words, is good if something you do a lot has made you think, and you want to share a story about that. Think of it as a journey from some small act to a Big Thought. This is something I see you do quite a bit of, especially in the VIP area and the Muttering Area you started.

Other Disorders is a category for when you're writing about something that isn't Asperger's itself, but is a major problem complicating things for you--injuries, conditions, syndromes, or diseases of any kind, generally.

Other/Off Topic is...I don't know what it's for. I don't think I've ever used it.

In normal webspeak, the Blog Roll is the list of sites that you link to, because their owners asked if you'll link to their blog. Here, it seems to be the people who visit your blog most often.

Maybe someday we'll get The Answer, but that's what I think.

Aspergirl4hire

I have seen that some blogs are 'private.'
Can a person switch from 'private' to 'public'?
Or from 'public' to 'private'?
:evergreen:

Aspergirl4hire

I have seen that some blogs are 'private.'
Can a person switch from 'private' to 'public'?
Or from 'public' to 'private'?
:evergreen:

Hi tree.

Yes, you can switch either way. You can also set any individual blog post to private (a list of people you specify), people you follow only, members only, or public. The visibility setting for an individual blog post (you can do this at the bottom of the blog) overrides the default setting for your entire blog (you can do this in your AC profile).

Hope this helps!

New Threads

Top Bottom