• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Blocking threads

I am always looking for ways to improve the site and have noted this. If something comes along that I think will work for the site without any problems I will make it happen.

I appreciate you letting us have this sort of dialog. Not every forum admin is so open to input.....many thanks Brent. ;)

Hmm, wouldn't it be possible to get a somewhat similar result by applying the same technique used for the VIP section? A separate section members have to sign in for to be able to read it, and then when a situation like this arises, the sensitive threads can be (temporarily) moved, so the discussion can go on without disturbing people. Just wondering?

Hmm, wouldn't it be possible to get a somewhat similar result by applying the same technique used for the VIP section? A separate section members have to sign in for to be able to read it, and then when a situation like this arises, the sensitive threads can be (temporarily) moved, so the discussion can go on without disturbing people. Just wondering?

Would be too complicated and would prohibit others from easily finding those discussions once they have been moved into that private forum.

Just thought I'd ask and see if there were possibilities. Thank you for explaining that out to me. Still wish there was some sort of solution that could make everyone happy but I understand why my suggestion won't be one of them.
Just one suggestion: While it is not what someone who wants to block certain content really wants as the filter-type solution, you could curate a list of members to follow who you see never post on or in response to sensitivity triggering topics. This would allow one to just head straight to the 'Subscribed' option to see content. Of course that would mean much less comprehensive engagement.

New Threads

Top Bottom