1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured Black & White thinking

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Skids, Nov 22, 2017.

1. The Midge

The Midge Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

You could try a process of listing the advantages and disadvantages for each side of an argument. There are usually pros and cons to each.

Also when I did design work I used to generate at least 6 possibilities- including the extreme options- such as do nothing or clear everything and do pros and cons for each. It helped me work out different solutions and come up with a novel solution.

Having spent a year in the USA I could see that the two party system seems to create more of a black and white political environment. Or Red and blue. Where as over here we have a number of other parties putting alternative views which have to be talked about even though our system means that relatively few of their MPs end up in parliament.

2. Crossbreed

Crossbreed Neur-D Missionary ☝

I believe that the universe is ultimately black & white, too. But upon developing presbyopia, have determined that all gray areas are just those areas that remain out-of-focus to us... ;)

(And nobody has everything in clear focus.)