• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Black & White thinking

You could try a process of listing the advantages and disadvantages for each side of an argument. There are usually pros and cons to each.

Also when I did design work I used to generate at least 6 possibilities- including the extreme options- such as do nothing or clear everything and do pros and cons for each. It helped me work out different solutions and come up with a novel solution.

Having spent a year in the USA I could see that the two party system seems to create more of a black and white political environment. Or Red and blue. Where as over here we have a number of other parties putting alternative views which have to be talked about even though our system means that relatively few of their MPs end up in parliament.

I believe that the universe is ultimately black & white, too. But upon developing presbyopia, have determined that all gray areas are just those areas that remain out-of-focus to us... ;)

(And nobody has everything in clear focus.)

New Threads

Top Bottom