• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Black metal

I find it interesting when nonreligious or antireligious movements use the idea of a "soul".

I really struggle with the idea of a "soul". Our brain does everything that we need; we have no need of anything ethereal to make us "human". I feel like the very concept of a "soul" was one made up by the early church so that they could say that a part of you needed to be "saved" after you died...so the idea of someone wanting to torture a "soul" because the person whose "soul" it is upholds Christian beliefs seems somewhat nonsensical to me. What reason would someone have to believe in a "soul" if they already reject formalized religion?

(Sorry that this is not as well explained as it should be. I have an exam tomorrow so I'm trying to make this post a quick one)

It's an awful song--my previous reply was only to help facilitate a more objective discussion.

As for the content, it's obscene. I don't care what someone's beliefs are, there's no need to act so violently, or even THINK about acting so violently. Unless you know anyone who has been raped, you can't possibly even begin to understand the consequences of such a violent act. To hear someone sing a song about it makes me sick.

Though some of my evaluation of the musical aspects of the song has to do with the charactaristic of the music genere it belongs to, this song does not display anything close to resembling talent, except maybe, maybe on the part of the guitarist. For the singer, it's just glottal frys and screaming. For the drummer, it's just following the guitarist and banging loudly--the drum line is far too repetitive.

You made a very good point with the "soul" concept, Krisi.

I have to disagree with you on the musical front though. It may seem like they're just 'banging' at the drums and 'screaming'... and be under no illusion, technically they are. But what they're doing takes a lot of skill. Also, usually the guitars follow the drums, the bass will help the drummer keep tempo and the vocallist takes all into account and lays the lyrics over the top. A repetitive fast drumline is just a feature of black metal.

Oh, as for the song I don't like it either. :p

I like a lot of metal (*a lot*) but I have to draw the line when it gets this 'heavy', tbh.

Melodic metal ftw. :)

Thats an awesome song :D anyone here listen to BloodBath?

the main reason i like death and black metal is that it has a really dark and interesting meaning.

It sounds like heavy metal and sorry I couldn't listen to the whole thing, it was too much screaming and drums, its madness... :lol:
My sister could like something like this though... but me, I don't think I could survive even a minute of it.. haha. :)

Anyways thanks for sharing it.

New Threads

Top Bottom