• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Birthdays

unsurewhattoname

I have it turned off all the way down, but I've noticed members announce happy birthday to others. My question is - even though it's turned off, it's still on my profile, so does this site have somewhere where it shows which members have their birthday today, and if it does, will mine show their when it's my birthday? I don't want it to, so how do I prevent it, other than what I've done already?

Members with a birthday today, are shown on the following page and are on the right hand side of the page.

https://www.aspiescentral.com/members/

If you have opted out of 'show day and month of birth' and 'show year of birth', in your Personal Details, then I don't think that you will show up on the list of people with birthdays today. (I'm not 100% certain about that though).

I apologize if I made you uncomfortable with birthday wishes. :confused:
Is this an inappropriate or unwelcome behavior, in the eyes of other people too? :eek:

...And now I feel creepy, I am done with birthday well wishes.

Is this an inappropriate or unwelcome behavior, in the eyes of other people too? :eek:

Rocco, there is nothing wrong with being friendly and a nice person. You are one of the nicest around here and most certainly not creepy. You can wish me happy birthday once a year if you want to. However, I am jealous of your artistic talent.

Anyone who has spent any time on this forum will know what a kind, friendly and positive person you are and that there is nothing creepy about you Rocco. :)

One of the downsides to not having my date of birth showing is not recieving a 'Happy Birthday', so you can most certainly wish me a Happy Birthday once a year (if you want to).

I have wondered if there are members that haven't realized that their date of birth is visable to other members and it's not until someone wishes them a 'Happy Birthday', that they realize others can see their date of birth, when they would prefer no-one knew. So perhaps their reaction is less to being wished a Happy Brithday and more to their date of birth being accessible to others? Just a thought.

If a person doesn't want the year/month & day of birth
to show, then don't click those boxes.
You can show either or both or neither.

I agree with Vinca, that people may be feeling strange
about the level of electronic documentation here. When I
first got here, I thought that writing on a Profile meant the
remarks were private.

I was surprised to see that they appear as part of Recent
Activity.

I don't feel creepy about getting Birthday Cards for people.
I like the idea of honoring people's emergence into the
universe & commemorating that in a mildly formal way.
I feel that I am sending
positive energy out.

If a person doesn't want the year/month & day of birth
to show, then don't click those boxes.
You can show either or both or neither.

I agree with Vinca, that people may be feeling strange
about the level of electronic documentation here. When I
first got here, I thought that writing on a Profile meant the
remarks were private.

I was surprised to see that they appear as part of Recent
Activity.

I don't feel creepy about getting Birthday Cards for people.
I like the idea of honoring people's emergence into the
universe & commemorating that in a mildly formal way.
I feel that I am sending
positive energy out.

Positive energy. I like that. Good for you, keep it up.

Positive energy. I like that. Good for you, keep it up.

smiley-face-thumbs-up-thank-you-smiley-thanks.jpg

Does somebody know if it's possible to access the birthday notices
from a previous day? I don't like to leave anybody out, but since I
am away from home right now, I don't always have internet available.

New Threads

Top Bottom