• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best place to donate hair for cancer patients?

Rocco

Wandering Trainwreck
V.I.P Member
I lost one of my favorite human beings in May of this year to cancer.

I have heard of donating long natural hair to places that fashion wigs for cancer patients. Has anyone else heard of this? I have started to grow my hair out since the loss and My goal is to grow my hair out really long and donate it to an organization or person in cancer treatment.

Any advice or experience with something like this?

Thank for reading.

I find Locks of Love has enough bad publicity to dissuade me from donating to them.

Last edited:
I've donated my hair to locks of love a few times already. I think your hair has to be 10 inches long before it is sent to them. But I've been considering donating my hair to another group, as I've heard that locks of love charges cancer patients $200 for a wig. I've heard there are groups that give wigs to patients for free, but I don't know anything else beyond that.

When I got chemo, I got a free human hair wig from Pantene. Most of the wigs in the hospital were from Pantene. It was so pretty, and it was strawberry blond, very close to my natural color. If there's a way to donate hair to Pantene, I'd say that's the best one, because they donate the most lovely, realistic wigs to the hospitals for free. There were long and short wigs of all colors and hair textures for all ethnicities. They even had grey colored wigs for older ladies.

New Threads

Top Bottom