• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Best and Worst Jobs for Aspies

This is a good posting because it enumerates some good jobs and bad jobs. I've found it overwhelming to have so many options. It was helpful to engage my therapist. He was able to help me understand myself and my temperament.

I think too often we choose a career for the wrong reasons. I made this mistake and was miserable, absolutely miserable. I had an IT career that was clearly not the right fit at all for me. The office social dynamic left me confused, bewildered, and angry. I was only concerned about some artificial definition of success.

I am 100% convinced that the secret to my successful working career is the fact that I almost all ways worked alone.

It took me a long time to learn that I really need to work alone to be successful: all my working life so far. I'm not yet completely alone but reasonably close. Social interaction is an overrated experience. LOL!

I have HAD work customer service for most of my adult life because its what I could find. Studied graphic design and voice training so I'm looking forward to some future in that with less social interaction. Customers can be horribly confusing and degrading. I worked at a returns desk and had so many panic attacks and would wake up in tears knowing what I had to face. My job now is so much better but I still have to interact with big crowds of people. I've been reading that dishwashing is nice

New Threads

Top Bottom