• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Being good at most social skills, with ASD

Have you considered that you may not be fooling your mom, and that she is better than you at playfully pretending?

Understand that parents make mistakes too. I am sure they want the best for you. It seems that you have a good relationship with your family.

"Manipulation is consciously, actively influencing the emotions of others for one's own gain (be it emotional, physical, material) regardless of the consequences. Moral, emotional, or otherwise."

I like to crack jokes and be goofy, to get the others (usually friends) to laugh. I feel good when they crack up in response. I had not realized that was manipulating them. Now my behaviour appears evil.

I know that most people with ASD have hard time being good at deception and charm, but people like me are different.

I became good at being charm and deceptive. When I deceive people, they don't know that I am lying, even when I laugh after, because I use charm. I am developed some NT social skills, such as lying, charm, manipulating, tricking and brainwashing. I know this is strange, because I have ASD, but I don't fit the stereotype and exact diagnostic criteria of ASD that most people and professionals think of.

About the OP you could have some Antisocial traits and also some Autistic traits. Both divergences are spectrums so even NT may have traits of them without filling all the conditions to be diagnosed as ASD or Antisocial.

Both antisocials and asd are able to manipulate, but antisocials enjoy the feeling of superiority from outsmarting others while ASD rarely enjoy that.

I can charm and decieve, but burns my energy so fast. I also learn brainwashing, but for defensive purposes at corporate enviroments. Find it disgusting.

The way you talk about the subjet makes me think on Antisocial traits, but no Antisocial person would reveal that to gain nothing. So revealing info in the wrong context may be an autism trait.

There is no trolling disorder yet. :D

Last edited:
I got scared that I might have Antisocial Personality Disorder, because I still have some symptom of Conduct Disorder Unspecified, and with some of those traits, I developed some skills that I thought are NT social skills, but is actually bad characteristics. I am am 21 years old and still kept some traits of Conduct Disorder Unspecified.

I sometimes wonder if I have Antisocial Personality Disorder, but have empathy and remorse, and don't go around commiting some crimes that I did throughout my childhood, and the only difference is that I never got criminal records.

My symptoms throughout my childhood:

* Annoyed and chased animals for sick pleasure, but I started to feel so guilty for doing that, as I stopped doing that
* Sometimes broke some school rules, and get into fights
* A little bit impulsive when angry
* Always thought that I am right, and getting into arguments, most of my peers thought I was wired, because of that

I know that my symptoms of Conduct Disorder Unspecified did not present all the time, but it was pathological and that went on throughout my childhood.

Some symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder that I have:

* Charm (I use charm when I lie)
* Brainwashing (I don't do that, but I have that skill)
* Lying (I sometimes lie a lot, and people don't know that I lied, but I am more likely to be honest than most)
* Manipulation (I do that rarely though)

Those skills that I have is limited, because I have history of severe communication delay.

I feel guilty that I have those traits, but I wonder if it is possible for me to be a psychopath with empathy and remorse, and choosing to not commit crimes, but I still feel like I harm others by having those traits. I feel ashamed, I am sorry!

I got scared that I might have Antisocial Personality Disorder, because I still have some symptom of Conduct Disorder Unspecified, and with some of those traits, I developed some skills that I thought are NT social skills, but is actually bad characteristics. I am am 21 years old and still kept some traits of Conduct Disorder Unspecified.

I sometimes wonder if I have Antisocial Personality Disorder, but have empathy and remorse, and don't go around commiting some crimes that I did throughout my childhood, and the only difference is that I never got criminal records.

My symptoms throughout my childhood:

* Annoyed and chased animals for sick pleasure, but I started to feel so guilty for doing that, as I stopped doing that
* Sometimes broke some school rules, and get into fights
* A little bit impulsive when angry
* Always thought that I am right, and getting into arguments, most of my peers thought I was wired, because of that

I know that my symptoms of Conduct Disorder Unspecified did not present all the time, but it was pathological and that went on throughout my childhood.

Some symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder that I have:

* Charm (I use charm when I lie)
* Brainwashing (I don't do that, but I have that skill)
* Lying (I sometimes lie a lot, and people don't know that I lied, but I am more likely to be honest than most)
* Manipulation (I do that rarely though)

Those skills that I have is limited, because I have history of severe communication delay.

I feel guilty that I have those traits, but I wonder if it is possible for me to be a psychopath with empathy and remorse, and choosing to not commit crimes, but I still feel like I harm others by having those traits. I feel ashamed, I am sorry!

True psychopaths do not feel remorse. Its perfectly normal to have some antisocials traits, as it is perfectly normal to have some autistic trait.

Spectrums are just like that, a full scale from normality to divergence in every aspect of human minds.

There are autists who do great harm to others and there are psychopaths who dont harm others and use their lack of feelings to make deccisions that would be really hard for most of us. Like extremely dificult surgeons, defend people nobody else would want to defend, or air control.

So its more about what you do with your traits than your traits.

True psychopaths do not feel remorse. Its perfectly normal to have some antisocials traits, as it is perfectly normal to have some autistic trait.

Spectrums are just like that, a full scale from normality to divergence in every aspect of human minds.

There are autists who do great harm to others and there are psychopaths who dont harm others and use their lack of feelings to make deccisions that would be really hard for most of us. Like extremely dificult surgeons, defend people nobody else would want to defend, or air control.

So its more about what you do with your traits than your traits.

Being antisocial is not healthy though. I hope you know what I mean.

Being antisocial is not healthy though. I hope you know what I mean.

Being antisocial is a lack of feeling, that leads to boredom.
  • In order to feel, many do very risky sports because they need huge loads of adrenaline to ever feel something.
  • Lack of fear also means really bad risk management decissions. So many of them dont save money or act without thinking in the future or consecuences.
  • Most of them lack love, but may care of their belongins (aka people).
  • But most of them also lack hate, so they wont kill their wife just because the wife left them.
Of course there are diferent kinds of antisocial disorder as there are diferent kinds of autistic people. Some antisocial heavy lack self control, while others do have pretty good self control. Some have their feelings disminished, others lack all of them, others lack most of them, others just show feelings with certain circumstances (like with kids, but not with adults).

You can find lots of info at antisocial forums, also in Quora. Let me share with you a very informative channel of a very famous psycopath. Her name is Kanika Batra, and was Miss World Australia:

https://www.youtube.com/c/KanikaBatra

She explains many things about antisocial disorder first hand. Of course you cant be sure that she will tell the truth, but I still found it pretty informative when I was studding that topic.

Here you have a very interesting interview with a sociopath from a very good channel that interview people with many kinds of mental disorders, illness, etc:

Here you have another short interview with a psycopath and the first example she explains is very clear on how their logic without feelings work:

In this last channel there are many more videos about that topic, so feel free to navigate and learn. You will probably understand better, that disorder is even less known than autism.

Being antisocial is a lack of feeling, that leads to boredom.
  • In order to feel, many do very risky sports because they need huge loads of adrenaline to ever feel something.
  • Lack of fear also means really bad risk management decissions. So many of them dont save money or act without thinking in the future or consecuences.
  • Most of them lack love, but may care of their belongins (aka people).
  • But most of them also lack hate, so they wont kill their wife just because the wife left them.
Of course there are diferent kinds of antisocial disorder as there are diferent kinds of autistic people. Some antisocial heavy lack self control, while others do have pretty good self control. Some have their feelings disminished, others lack all of them, others lack most of them, others just show feelings with certain circumstances (like with kids, but not with adults).

You can find lots of info at antisocial forums, also in Quora. Let me share with you a very informative channel of a very famous psycopath. Her name is Kanika Batra, and was Miss World Australia:

https://www.youtube.com/c/KanikaBatra

She explains many things about antisocial disorder first hand. Of course you cant be sure that she will tell the truth, but I still found it pretty informative when I was studding that topic.

Here you have a very interesting interview with a sociopath from a very good channel that interview people with many kinds of mental disorders, illness, etc:

Here you have another short interview with a psycopath and the first example she explains is very clear on how their logic without feelings work:

In this last channel there are many more videos about that topic, so feel free to navigate and learn. You will probably understand better, that disorder is even less known than autism.

Thank you!

It's just embarrassing, because meet both diagnostic criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorder and some symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder. I also told you my short history of me being antisocial and grandiose during my childhood.

New Threads

Top Bottom