• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Because Everything is God...

SimonSays

Van Dweller
V.I.P Member
Because everything is God, everything that happens is also God; all our challenges, individual experiences, troubles with other people, all are God. To know that everything is God, one would have to be in a certain state, which is possible because everything is God, so becoming aware of God would just be God becoming aware of what God always was.

If I'm behaving in a way that isn't very God-like, something is missing. I'm missing something I need. I’ve forgotten something I must remember; I have to find my way back. I may need reminding, but as everything is God, life will always do that.

If it were easy to know God it wouldn’t much matter. If a message could suddenly appear, maybe even miraculously – “Don't forget I'm here.” And it was signed, God, that would be a good way of reminding me, but it won’t change me much, not really, not for long anyway, as I'm still focusing on things that take me away. I can be so involved in my experience that for a while the very concept of God doesn’t even exist. I may not even have seen that message anyway. I have become separate, and it feels that way, and it is the feeling of separation that is the issue.

Because everything is God, all our experiences while feeling separate are there to help us make the right choices to find our way, become more of who we are, and therefore more of who God is. God will then be here in a realer way, and it will feel that way.

That's what I’m doing. Any time I feel God’s presence, it is a good thing because we're all connected, and on some level you will also feel it in some way, you will just experience it individually.

Because everything is God, if you’re not feeling good about yourself, what you’re defining to be good isn't being properly defined, and what is happening is what has to happen to take you there. That’s why things can look so different, sometimes unrecognisable, and yet still reveal God.

Finding a way to know this, and being in a situation where it's possible to talk about it, is what I do. It has been what I do for a long time. I just do it. I don't have to tell you about it. I do it and it makes a difference.

So my role is not only to do it, but to make sure you know, so that you are encouraged, find your faith, and everything else will come from that.

Not everybody will do this of course. Even actively resisting the idea doesn’t change it. No matter who you are or what you do, we are always connected, we are always God. We need to feel God in a world that seems increasingly absent of him. That's the answer to our situation. It always was. It’s all about knowing it in a way that makes it real. Not just having faith, that’s just the first step. Actually KNOWING it. That’s when things get real.

Last edited:
Practicing seeing God in the day-to-day world is very important for me. Did I wake up, alive? That is God. Did I receive love from precious dogs this morning? That is God. Did I have a delicious breakfast? That is God. Did I make it to the gas station instead of running out of gas? That is God. Is my town not being bombed? That is God. Do I have a roof over my head so I don't have to fear hail and thunder? That is God. This practice has changed my life.

Because everything is God, everything that happens is also God; all our challenges, individual experiences, troubles with other people, all are God. To know that everything is God, one would have to be in a certain state, which is possible because everything is God, so becoming aware of God would just be God becoming aware of what God always was.

If I'm behaving in a way that isn't very God-like, something is missing. I'm missing something I need. I’ve forgotten something I must remember; I have to find my way back. I may need reminding, but as everything is God, life will always do that.

If it were easy to know God it wouldn’t much matter. If a message could suddenly appear, maybe even miraculously – “Don't forget I'm here.” And it was signed, God, that would be a good way of reminding me, but it won’t change me much, not really, not for long anyway, as I'm still focusing on things that take me away. I can be so involved in my experience that for a while the very concept of God doesn’t even exist. I may not even have seen that message anyway. I have become separate, and it feels that way, and it is the feeling of separation that is the issue.

Because everything is God, all our experiences while feeling separate are there to help us make the right choices to find our way, become more of who we are, and therefore more of who God is. God will then be here in a realer way, and it will feel that way.

That's what I’m doing. Any time I feel God’s presence, it is a good thing because we're all connected, and on some level you will also feel it in some way, you will just experience it individually.

Because everything is God, if you’re not feeling good about yourself, what you’re defining to be good isn't being properly defined, and what is happening is what has to happen to take you there. That’s why things can look so different, sometimes unrecognisable, and yet still reveal God.

Finding a way to know this, and being in a situation where it's possible to talk about it, is what I do. It has been what I do for a long time. I just do it. I don't have to tell you about it. I do it and it makes a difference.

So my role is not only to do it, but to make sure you know, so that you are encouraged, find your faith, and everything else will come from that.

Not everybody will do this of course. Even actively resisting the idea doesn’t change it. No matter who you are or what you do, we are always connected, we are always God. We need to feel God in a world that seems increasingly absent of him. That's the answer to our situation. It always was. It’s all about knowing it in a way that makes it real. Not just having faith, that’s just the first step. Actually KNOWING it. That’s when things get real.
I will reply to this as I read it, rather than quote bits.
Everything is God, all are God. I agree. I have never felt this but I know it intellectually and it makes sense.

Something is missing when not being Godly as He is light, and missing bits are voids, dark spaces which are Lucifer (Not in the Christian sense, in the good/evil-positive/negative way) May you find what you say you are missing. May you remember what you forgot. May you find your way back. Your profundity tells me you have the emotional equipment to do these very things. You just need to face towards the light.

Your previous thread showed that you had met God. I have not met him but I firmly believe He is everything/everyone etc etc.

I believe you have the inner calm to gradually move away from the things that take you away.
We get bogged down by material things. Yogananda said we need our head in the clouds and our feet on the earth, many of us only have our feet on the earth, some people who have engaged in spiritual bypassing have their heads in the clouds but are not balanced as they do not have their feet on the earth. I think you do have balance. Current circumstances don't help but you seem to be, from your posts, navigating your way through your own personal maze.
You are doing walking mediations, writings, hopefully you will be also able to get back to doing the things you used to do.

I think we are born into circumstances, maybe we chose them, and then as soon as we realise we are a person, when we leave infant hood, we start to create our experiences.
This is when we become responsible for our choices, as infants do not realise they are a separate person.
We make the right choices and we gravitate towards our own personal life path, we make the wrong choices and we veer away from it. Yogananda said we have free will over the choices we make but not over the consequences.
Most of us make mistakes, and most of us learn from them, sadly some don't and repeat them, which leads them into trouble. This is NOT God punishing us, it is karma, it is us punishing ourselves.

I have yet to feel His presence, but I know he is there in my intellect.

If you’re not feeling good about yourself, you can see the negative. I agree, that is happening is what has to happen to take you there. That is God's will, but as God is omnipotent it is our will, just as God is not the Judge, we are.

Finding a way to know this, and being in a situation where it's possible to talk about it, seems like a great thing for you to do, especially importantly as it has been what you have done for a long time, and because you have been doing it for a long time, you have integrated it into your consciousness, for want of better words, automatic. This is why you have manifested the magical experiences you talk about in other posts, but I don't mean to patronise you by telling you this as you already know.

It is like your role is messenger, I talk to God a lot. I know he can hear me. I am just afraid of the future because the past influences the future.

Yes this world is becoming less spiritual. I read that more are waking up, yet there are so many who are stuck in material life on a day-to-day basis. I have faith, and I firmly believe in God, I just have not felt him. Maybe I am not yet ready to, I yearn to feel him though, that is grasping though, the buddhists discourage grasping.

It is like your role is messenger, I talk to God a lot. I know he can hear me. I am just afraid of the future because the past influences the future.
The past only influences the present if we let it. In fact, this moment is not actually connected to the past even though we usually think it is. This moment is brand new and unique, and you can be anything you want in it. If you believe the past must influence your future then it will, but the future has not been determined yet. You're free to make it what you will. Change your mind, change your future.

Finding a way to know this, and being in a situation where it's possible to talk about it, seems like a great thing for you to do, especially importantly as it has been what you have done for a long time, and because you have been doing it for a long time, you have integrated it into your consciousness, for want of better words, automatic. This is why you have manifested the magical experiences you talk about in other posts,
I like that.

I'd say you have felt him, you just haven't realised it was God you were feeling

Right. Perhaps the yearning is what makes you think God isn't already there.
Hello again
I am crying as I type this, not because of this post. I am crying because of what I want, what I have done and what the future holds.
Anyway, I was on an illicit substance when I got my faith back, a sci-fi fantasy story came out of me, I didn't even know I liked sci-fi stories or writing them.
I never read, reading is the in-breath, writing is the out breath, all authors read in childhood.
I know God is there, I am being a bit rude, as I am talking to Him as I write.
I want to tell him of my fears, yet I hear he only hears positive stuff.

That is just a belief. He hears whatever you offer to him from your heart.
Hello again and thanks for getting back to me.
I tell Him I am a child of His, just like Yogananda says.
I try to avoid words like "don't" "never" "isn't" "won't" etc, and replace words like "helpless" with powerful, "dependent" with "independent" "scared" with "brave" as I am scared stiff today. I asked him to help me sleep, I told him I wanted to become drug free, I know that will take a while. As I am typing this I want to tell him I want to hang onto my mental health while I get off the drugs as its going to take a while.
We are talking a few years.
I don't quite know how to express the tangible problems that are happening in the meantime and I asked him for help on how to deal with them, I will tell God the rest.
I feel like I have buckets of tears to cry, I have cried some, but I feel a tension in my solar plexus, that I want to release.
Self pity is easy to fall into but I need to cry. I could look at some images that would bring out the tears, I hope to release this tension in my solar plexus, its been here I think all day, definitely for the last few hours.

Hello again and thanks for getting back to me.
I tell Him I am a child of His, just like Yogananda says.
I try to avoid words like "don't" "never" "isn't" "won't" etc, and replace words like "helpless" with powerful, "dependent" with "independent" "scared" with "brave" as I am scared stiff today. I asked him to help me sleep, I told him I wanted to become drug free, I know that will take a while. As I am typing this I want to tell him I want to hang onto my mental health while I get off the drugs as its going to take a while.
We are talking a few years.
I don't quite know how to express the tangible problems that are happening in the meantime and I asked him for help on how to deal with them, I will tell God the rest.
I feel like I have buckets of tears to cry, I have cried some, but I feel a tension in my solar plexus, that I want to release.
Self pity is easy to fall into but I need to cry. I could look at some images that would bring out the tears, I hope to release this tension in my solar plexus, its been here I think all day, definitely for the last few hours.
You need to cry. Really cry. I hope you did. Release it all to God!

You need to cry. Really cry. I hope you did. Release it all to God!
I tried, I cried a bit. I tend to get a lower mood on an evening, maybe something is going on with my brain chemistry that lowers my mood on an evening. Maybe I will be able to get in touch with it.

When I say everything is God, I don't mean the religious idea of God. I don't mean some bearded old man, up there, looking down, Judging. These ideas are part of religion, because religion is for the people, and it makes it easier to imagine something that isn't easy to imagine. I don't mean this when I say God.

By saying everything is God, I mean there is no separation. God is all there is, and we are part of all that is. Finding our way to know this must be the point. Why would God become separate? To know itself from a perspective that feels like it's not itself? For God to have company? To use ‘himself’ to become more God.

How can there be more God if God is already all that is? That's a good question which I'm not sure I have an answer for. This is how I see God. This is how I see the concept of God. That for me, God can be personal, close, actively participating in my life, Individually, and at the same time doing exactly the same thing for every single other person.

The experience of separation, even if in reality nothing is separate, gives us an experience as if we are not God. And the story of leaving the garden of Eden, because in perfection there is no growth, nothing changes, required us to leave the garden and take a journey into ignorance and separation, to find our way back, but not as the same that left.

Whether we had to do this, or whether we chose to do this, is not important. But we have become so distracted by so much wanting us to believe that it could be we have done this to ourselves. At least we have made it more difficult to know our true selves and have become lost and must find our way to remembering.

Taking the harder path leads to greater realisation, so this is all just what is needed for us, as individual conscious beings with a spark of God at the centre, to become capable of being aware and becoming God-like or 'sons of God'. That is the destination of the human being.

We are infinite and eternal beings having an experience of limitation and finite, in order to feel infinite and eternal again.

Does any of this help deal with our life, in the present, when it is so hard? Where we are struggling? Having faith matters, but having faith in what? Many have turned away from the traditional, many remain because they know they need something of God in their lives. We are one thing. We can feel united in that oneness. That is where we will find ourselves. That is where God is.

When I say everything is God, I don't mean the religious idea of God. I don't mean some bearded old man, up there, looking down, Judging. These ideas are part of religion, because religion is for the people, and it makes it easier to imagine something that isn't easy to imagine. I don't mean this when I say God.
No, that idea personifies God. Religion is about control. For example God apparently saying "I am a jealous God".
[/quote]
By saying everything is God, I mean there is no separation. God is all there is, and we are part of all that is. Finding our way to know this must be the point. Why would God become separate? To know itself from a perspective that feels like it's not itself? For God to have company? To use ‘himself’ to become more God.[/quote]
All is one and one is all.
Religion likes us to think God is a supreme being. The creator is a supreme being, yet people create, like God working through them, as part of them, connecting with them. :) at God with company becoming more God.
How can there be more God if God is already all that is?
True
That's a good question which I'm not sure I have an answer for. This is how I see God. This is how I see the concept of God. That for me, God can be personal, close, actively participating in my life, Individually, and at the same time doing exactly the same thing for every single other person.
Improvement may be a possible answer to "How can there be more God?"

The experience of separation, even if in reality nothing is separate, gives us an experience as if we are not God. And the story of leaving the garden of Eden, because in perfection there is no growth, nothing changes, required us to leave the garden and take a journey into ignorance and separation, to find our way back, but not as the same that left.
Separation gives rise to self centredness as well, "Me, me".
You described the heroes journey.
Whether we had to do this, or whether we chose to do this, is not important. But we have become so distracted by so much wanting us to believe that it could be we have done this to ourselves. At least we have made it more difficult to know our true selves and have become lost and must find our way to remembering.
:)

Taking the harder path leads to greater realisation, so this is all just what is needed for us, as individual conscious beings with a spark of God at the centre, to become capable of being aware and becoming God-like or 'sons of God'. That is the destination of the human being.

We are infinite and eternal beings having an experience of limitation and finite, in order to feel infinite and eternal again.

Does any of this help deal with our life, in the present, when it is so hard? Where we are struggling? Having faith matters, but having faith in what? Many have turned away from the traditional, many remain because they know they need something of God in their lives. We are one thing. We can feel united in that oneness. That is where we will find ourselves. That is where God is.[/QUOTE]

New Threads

Top Bottom