• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bad Eaters: The Picky, the Guilty, and the Otherwise

Just wait until you see all the other things you lose just by aging. Hang in there.
Thanks, clg114! Maybe you can help me out on something. I'm new and I don't know how to "like" or find something "funny". Can you explain it?

I admit that I am a colossally bad eater. I'm a sugar freak and a chronic nibbler. Thusly, most toddlers have a wider food palette than I do.

The vegetables I like are exceedingly limited. (Carrots, peas, spinach, iceberg lettuce, red and yellow bell peppers, corn, potatoes, squash, and weirdly asparagus. I have also never had a problem with beans of all types, sans kidneys, those have a really chalky texture that is just meh!)

Fruit, (if it's raw) I'm much better about, but if it's cooked or there is pineapple involved forget it. That is the seventh circle of texture hell.

I like the taste of tomatoes, onions, and garlic, so if it is a pureed sauce I do all right. I can deal with bok choy, cauliflower, and water chestnuts in Asia preparations becaise of good flavour and the texture is very close to raw.

I have no issues with noodles or rice of any kind, but I do prefer thinner formats. e.g. rice sticks or angle hair pasta. (I also cannot stand homemade macaroni and cheese or tuna hotdish. It's Kraft or nothing.)

I don't have food sensitivities, due partiality to EDs, I don't absorb nutrients and medications like an average person does due to defects in my gastric tissue. It is essential numb to most allergens and irritants. Most of my cardiac medications are either IV or injection because of this.

I love milk and cheese, (one of my major, reliable sources of protein), easy access and I don't have to plan ahead to make it.

I like peanut butter and eggs, but I cannot do something as simple as eggs and toast without paying for it in a massive angina attack. (Imagine an elephant with ice cleats standing on your chest like an indecisive cat digging into tender tissue. It is a roiling crush of pain that waxes and wanes, taunting you with dreams of desired relief, but it doesn't come. This goes on for hours and no medication can ease the blistering pain. It is like a migraine of the heart.)

I can do peanut butter and eggs in things like baked goods. I'm guessing it has something to do with chemical alterations to the purer lipid structures of the unadulterated products. Sugar, flour, etc.

Hamburger if it's drained, chicken, and tuna are my go-tos if I plan on cooking. I like ham, but that is usually a holiday treat or a fast food grab. The regular deli variety just never hits quite right. I've had other meats like bison and duck, but I've never cared for the 'gamey' taste of it, even if the texture was decent. Bacon and sausage are tasty, but are only rare occasion, small portion indulgences.

I know that if I had food sensitivities. I would probably starve to death because if I do not like the texture, taste, or smell of something I will no touch it. I will go without before I do a sensory overwhelm.

Anyone else have bad or weird food habits.

I like my eggs, toast and coffee in the morning...and if I could, I'd eat chicken potpies for every dinner. :)

Maybe you can help me out on something. I'm new and I don't know how to "like" or find something "funny". Can you explain it?

Are you asking how to use the Ratings options?

Or how to experience feelings???

If you are asking how to use the Ratings emojis, you would
select one of the options, and click on it.

upload_2022-4-9_9-58-2.png

(the thumbs up, agree, smilie, winner, informative, heard, useful, optimistic, creative)
Those little pictures that are in the lower right hand corner of each post in a thread....

Unless, maybe, you're using some device that doesn't display them.

View attachment 77831

(the thumbs up, agree, smilie, winner, informative, heard, useful, optimistic, creative)

Those little pictures that are in the lower right hand corner of each post in a thread....

Thank you. I was after the ratings emojis.

I admit that I am a colossally bad eater. I'm a sugar freak and a chronic nibbler. Thusly, most toddlers have a wider food palette than I do.

The vegetables I like are exceedingly limited. (Carrots, peas, spinach, iceberg lettuce, red and yellow bell peppers, corn, potatoes, squash, and weirdly asparagus. I have also never had a problem with beans of all types, sans kidneys, those have a really chalky texture that is just meh!)

Fruit, (if it's raw) I'm much better about, but if it's cooked or there is pineapple involved forget it. That is the seventh circle of texture hell.

I like the taste of tomatoes, onions, and garlic, so if it is a pureed sauce I do all right. I can deal with bok choy, cauliflower, and water chestnuts in Asia preparations becaise of good flavour and the texture is very close to raw.

I have no issues with noodles or rice of any kind, but I do prefer thinner formats. e.g. rice sticks or angle hair pasta. (I also cannot stand homemade macaroni and cheese or tuna hotdish. It's Kraft or nothing.)

I don't have food sensitivities, due partiality to EDs, I don't absorb nutrients and medications like an average person does due to defects in my gastric tissue. It is essential numb to most allergens and irritants. Most of my cardiac medications are either IV or injection because of this.

I love milk and cheese, (one of my major, reliable sources of protein), easy access and I don't have to plan ahead to make it.

I like peanut butter and eggs, but I cannot do something as simple as eggs and toast without paying for it in a massive angina attack. (Imagine an elephant with ice cleats standing on your chest like an indecisive cat digging into tender tissue. It is a roiling crush of pain that waxes and wanes, taunting you with dreams of desired relief, but it doesn't come. This goes on for hours and no medication can ease the blistering pain. It is like a migraine of the heart.)

I can do peanut butter and eggs in things like baked goods. I'm guessing it has something to do with chemical alterations to the purer lipid structures of the unadulterated products. Sugar, flour, etc.

Hamburger if it's drained, chicken, and tuna are my go-tos if I plan on cooking. I like ham, but that is usually a holiday treat or a fast food grab. The regular deli variety just never hits quite right. I've had other meats like bison and duck, but I've never cared for the 'gamey' taste of it, even if the texture was decent. Bacon and sausage are tasty, but are only rare occasion, small portion indulgences.

I know that if I had food sensitivities. I would probably starve to death because if I do not like the texture, taste, or smell of something I will no touch it. I will go without before I do a sensory overwhelm.

Anyone else have bad or weird food habits.
Try ^-^ proper chips lentil chips(crisps) sour cream and chive(vegan- I say that as a large percentage of the world are lactose intolerant ,think about that, milk for a baby who is a prey animal (sheep,cows,goats)is not designed for humans) or lentil chips ,I personally can't tell the difference between yeast and breast milk cheese,also feel so much better with vegan confectionery NO !nausea

View attachment 77831

Thank you. It turns out that my vision adaptations were making them not show up.

There are very few things I will outright refuse to eat. I’ve never been a picky eater. I mostly eat food without adding salt unless there is absolutely no flavor at all and that is a sign that something went wrong in the cooking process. I sort of am a food purist when it comes to taste and I believe that you should season as the food is cooking and not after. I will use dips and sauces and occasionally black pepper but very rarely salt. If you offer me some fries and then you pour salt on them, I will refuse to eat them because I don’t really like my fries salty unless it’s seasoning salt. I’ll eat unsalted fries because I think the natural flavor of the potato is enough. I also don’t like foods that are too spicy.

I'm extremely picky when it comes to food, it's been this way ever since I was a kid. Never liked vegetables (other than maybe corn) and very few fruits (bananas, really.) I think it has to do with texture and flavor. I don't mind sugar, but I hate candy/chocolate. I do try to find all-natural versions of the stuff I like, but sometimes it can be a challenging task.)

Things I like, and eat regularly:
BREAKFAST
Oatmeal (plain with a little sugar, or brown sugar, Apples & Cinnamon packets. Used to like Maple & Brown Sugar, but I've found the flavor very strong as of late. Solution: one packet of flavored oatmeal mixed with some plain oatmeal)
Pancakes/French Toast (I'll usually get these when I eat out, but only one or two slices to watch my portion control. Sugar-free maple-flavored syrup if possible.)
Scrambled Egg Whites, topped with a little ketchup

LUNCH/DINNER (You'll see a lot of cheese here, but I really only like American or Cheddar, as I don't find the flavor as strong as most cheeses.)
Macaroni & Cheese (loved it all of my life, and it's still a big part of me. However, I can't tell if my taste buds are changing/have changed, or if the food brands change the flavor every once in a while. Kraft sure doesn't taste the same as it did 20 years ago.)
Hot Dogs/Kielbasa (I'll sometimes mix these in with the mac & cheese)
Cheese Ravioli (I usually get the frozen ravioli, top it with traditional Prego sauce, with some frozen garlic bread on the side)
French Fries (I prefer steak-cut, crinkle-cut, or the McCain Smiles. I prefer to air-fry or oven-bake them, and not too crispy)
Beefaroni/Mini-Ravioli (great if I want a quick bite)
Grilled Cheese
Bologna & Cheese

DRINKS
Coke, Sunkist, Root Beer
Milk
Orange or Apple Juice.

The only foods I am picky about and refuse to eat are:
Baby animals
Squirrels
Frog legs
Pineapple on pizza
Watermelon
Okra by itself

Content does not represent my food preferences or requirements.
I just liked the song and animation.

I am not really a picky eater but i do have certain textures in foods that i really dislike. Most meat textures for example. But i also have some that i really love. Like yogurt or slightly overcooked vegetables. I just love soft foods.

Let's see, oats, banana, avo, mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, any form of pumpkin, sweet potato. All of the excluding sweet potato, is not so much the taste, I can't take the texture, makes me want to barf.

My eating is awful. I've struggled with stim eating gone super bad, like eating disorder bad, for years. That said, I'm also oddly picky. I will not touch condiments and won't eat eggs in any form other than scrambled. Shellfish, shrimp, crab are all big nopes, along with sushi. Artichokes ewww. I don't like rice, beans or any cold summer things like ice cream or popsicles. When I'm not in binge mode, I mainly live on protein shakes, tuna and vegetables. I'm dairy and grain intolerant, but that's also where my stim eating weakness is. I crave bread like nothing else. And ham is yucky.

One food group where i dislike almost all textures is meat. I hate things like steak and grilled chicken which make my teeth hurt and also taste wierd. Only meats that i like are chicken nuggets, some sausages and ground beef

I used to be a very picky eater, also when i had anxiety and depression i lost a lot of weight. To not lose more i started to force myself to eat fast. After that it had become a habit to eat fast and i became an emotional eater. Basically how much i eat depends a lot on my mood

New Threads

Top Bottom