• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic Autistic South Shields boy held at knifepoint by teens who filmed his ordeal on their mobile phones

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me. This post may prove upsetting)

2975336918.jpg

The footpath in Orwell Close where the autistic boy was attacked as he rode his bike.

An autistic boy was kidnapped by a group of teenagers who held him at knifepoint while they filmed the sickening ordeal on their mobile phones, his mother has claimed.

The 14-year-old’s horrified mum says her son is now ‘petrified’ of going home, and the family are living with relatives.

The boy was riding his bike along the dirt track next to Orwell Close in Biddick Hall, South Shields, when he was set upon on Tuesday afternoon.

The terrified teenager says he was beaten with sticks and a knife was held to his throat while a group of six or seven boys captured the attack on their mobile phones and made him “beg” for his freedom.

The boy’s mother says she and her son are currently staying with her mother as he’s so scared of encountering the group again.

The mum, who asked not to be named, said: “He arrived home absolutely distraught. He wouldn’t speak at first, he was so traumatised by what had happened.

“He then told me that there was about six or seven boys, who were hitting him on his back with sticks and one held a knife to his throat.

“He said they were filming the whole thing with their phones and making him beg to be freed.”

The mother called the police after the attack.

Police say two 12-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of affray and been bailed pending further inquiries.

The worried mum added: “They’ve been released on bail, but we live right near them.

“My son goes to a special school and doesn’t mix with others due to his autism.

“He just plays by himself, but they would have known who he was.

“He’s now petrified to go back home, so we’re staying at my mother’s for the time being.

“It’s just sickening to think they filmed the whole thing and did this.

“There’s been other videos circulating on Facebook of similar attacks recently, but at least my son doesn’t have a Facebook account, so he won’t have to see it if they post it online.”

A Northumbria Police spokesman said; “At 2.36pm on Tuesday, July 21, police received a report that a young boy had been threatened by a group of boys in Orwell Close, South Shields.

“Inquiries were carried out and two boys, both aged 12, were arrested on suspicion of affray.

“They have been bailed pending further inquiries.”

SOURCE: Autistic South Shields boy held at knifepoint by teens who filmed his ordeal on their mobile phones - Shields Gazette

I've had an encounter similar to that, when I was 9 or so, though it was in whats called the ''ghetto,'' in downtown Pontiac Michigan. The boy I was playing with for about an hour or so had suddenly stoped (Mind you, we were in a group,) and had said in a loud curdling tone ''Stop kicking me." and I had typically responded with "I havn't touched you," This argument carried on for a while until I was pinned to the ground and told to beg, so he wouldnt hit me. Anyway, the point I'm trying to get across is that violence in any degree, is pure ignorent, barbarism.

New Threads

Top Bottom