• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autistic Rosary Novena 2022

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
6B2A4CEF-B020-4DBE-9E82-543ECC0025D2.jpeg

Las year, when the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary (October 7th) approached I decided to do a Novena (9 Days of prayer) for Autistic intentions. This year, I’m going all out with the following intentions for this year’s Rosary Novena:

- That Autism Acceptance be achieved, if it is truly acceptable
- The spreading and development of my prayer group
- That all Autistic people who are struggling to find work find good jobs
-That Autistic people can form their own communities to support each other and better contribute to society as a whole
- That Autistic people can be fruitful and multiply
- The shutting down of the JRC
-For all Autistic people struggling with depression and other mental health issues

If you’re a fellow-Catholic and/or pray the Rosary, please consider joining this Novena. And if you’re not a Catholic but want to advance Autism Acceptance and have ideas for additional prayer intentions to achieve it, please share them with me here.​

I think that's a wonderful idea, to pray for acceptance and equality. Beautiful really, to envision a society where we all have an equal chance, and we all treat each other kindly.

What is a novena? I am very curious, as I have read that word often. I just moved to a city full of very old churches, that still hold old fashioned, beautifully choreographed services. I've visited a few. I am not a catholic, but I do want to understand the culture better.

Also, why do Catholics kneel? Why do they stand? What do they say when they receive communion?

Last edited:
I have a couple prayer intentions:

1. That autistic people find good friends (being accepted by acquaintances is great but having good, supportive friends is really important)

2. That someone figures out what causes autism and that the scientific community accepts it (it's hard for people to accept autism if they don't have a good understanding of it).

Sure!

2. That someone figures out what causes autism and that the scientific community accepts it (it's hard for people to accept autism if they don't have a good understanding of it).
That's one of the reasons why my intentions is for us to form communities and be fruitful and multiply, it puts very heavy weight on Autism being genetic. It's funny just this morning I was thinking about how, those put all their bets on Autism being caused by modern toxins, they have nowhere to go if it becomes overwhelmingly clear that Autism is genetic, they're done for!

Of course, I can't but feel that I'm being naive, if I believe that it's that simple; but it's nonetheless better to go there than stay here.

What is a novena? I am very curious, as I have read that word often. I just moved to a city full of very old churches, that still hold old fashioned, beautifully choreographed services. I've visited a few. I am not a catholic, but I do want to understand the culture better.
A novena is a series of nine days in which one prays a prayer for certain intentions, usually it ends on a Feast Day. The first Novena was the Pentecost Novena, when the Apostles were in the upper room, they stayed there for nine days, praying to the Holy Spirit; I'm not sure if this is explicitly stated in Scripture or not, I checked but I'm having a hard time find the verses.

Also, why do Catholics kneel? Why do they stand? What do they say when they receive communion?
Usually we say "Amen" when receiving Communion, but there are other prayers we can say before or after Communion.

Kneeling of course is an act of adoration to Christ:

"That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth:
And that every tongue should confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father."
-Philippians 2:10-11 DR

However the practice of standing, and when to stand and kneel seems to be a relatively new innovation, I don't think it's present in the Traditional Latin Mass; medieval churches didn't even have pews, most people attended Mass then on their knees, Saints report prostrating themselves when the Consecration of the Bread and Wine occurred.

I think that's a wonderful idea, to pray for acceptance and equality. Beautiful really, to envision a society where we all have an equal chance, and we all treat each other kindly.

Genuflecting bowing one knee also happens in some anglican churches ,thats what a curtsey(showing respect to a monarch) is for females

Sure!

That's one of the reasons why my intentions is for us to form communities and be fruitful and multiply, it puts very heavy weight on Autism being genetic. It's funny just this morning I was thinking about how, those put all their bets on Autism being caused by modern toxins, they have nowhere to go if it becomes overwhelmingly clear that Autism is genetic, they're done for!

Of course, I can't but feel that I'm being naive, if I believe that it's that simple; but it's nonetheless better to go there than stay here.
think lord henry cavendish 1730s-early 1800s, might skew that thinking and the myriad english autistic people before him, multiply that by millions worldwide

Who's that?
An english aristocrat, thought to be asd 1 ,spent most of his life conducting experiments about physics and some astronomy ,the account of him trying to avoid WOMEN, who realised he walked the same route every night, through south london is so typical of people with autistic neurology and he ate the exact same meal at his gentlemans club, year in year out, also rarely spoke at the club but listened intently ,had the typical autistic quality to share his knowledge but avoid interaction,he also kept everything he ever purchased, so had multiples of scientific equipment which he just didn't use
I first knew of his existence in neurotribes by steve silberman then did more research,sadly his house was demolished in the late 1800s so theres no evidence

Who's that?
Henry Cavendish FRS (/ˈkævəndɪʃ/; 10 October 1731 – 24 February 1810) was an English natural philosopher and scientist who was an important experimental and theoretical chemist and physicist.

Henry Cavendish, (born October 10, 1731, Nice, France—died February 24, 1810, London, England), natural philosopher, the greatest experimental and theoretical English chemist and physicist of his age.

Lord Henry Cavendish (1673 – 10 May 1700) was an English nobleman and politician

There were at least two people named Henry Cavendish.
One a 'nobleman.'
The other, a scientist.

Still on my break but I figured I’d wish everyone a happy Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary; the novena is finishing today.

Henry Cavendish FRS (/ˈkævəndɪʃ/; 10 October 1731 – 24 February 1810) was an English natural philosopher and scientist who was an important experimental and theoretical chemist and physicist.

Henry Cavendish, (born October 10, 1731, Nice, France—died February 24, 1810, London, England), natural philosopher, the greatest experimental and theoretical English chemist and physicist of his age.

Lord Henry Cavendish (1673 – 10 May 1700) was an English nobleman and politician

There were at least two people named Henry Cavendish.
One a 'nobleman.'
The other, a scientist.
The reason he's called hon is that as a member your family dies ,you move up in the hierachy ,so henry would wait until more senior members died, british monarchy rules have only changed in the last 10 years, to include female and male successors to the throne

New Threads

Top Bottom