• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

autism what is it

i am confused
do your child develope autism in the whomb and does it always show in infancy and childhood or does it also suddenly appear in puberty or adult hood?

i am confused
do your child develope autism in the whomb and does it always show in infancy and childhood or does it also suddenly appear in puberty or adult hood?
You’re born with autism, but sometimes it’s diagnosed later. You can’t always tell with children and infants, because not everyone has the same degree of severity of autism, and it doesn’t affect everyone in the same way.

okay so this is why i asked.... i have had none of the symptoms that i have red or seen online about autism.... but i had learning dissabbilities mild ones.. such as low consntration.... but it appears just when i have mental issues ... whenver i have a good thought life meaning good psyche they all dissapear and i am normal...
basically what i want to know is if autistic symptoms go away with thoughts and thought correction as mental issues and symptoms do.

i still want to know .... can the autism be cured with cognitive theraphy or thought work like psychological issues can ? or is it something much deeper and rooted in the brain .. thats all i want to know...
since my condition bettered with thoughts and it goes away and ia m ona path to be completely symptom less meaning no more learning dissabilties....
to be more exact my learning dissabilities were not too abnormal it is like being very distracted or bored and notconcentrated.... but to me it all goes away and is increasingly going away the issues.. but its done with cogntiive theraphy and medications that are geared twoard menta problems. and as i said i never had any autism symptoms

i still want to know .... can the autism be cured with cognitive theraphy or thought work like psychological issues can ? or is it something much deeper and rooted in the brain .. thats all i want to know...
since my condition bettered with thoughts and it goes away and ia m ona path to be completely symptom less meaning no more learning dissabilties....
to be more exact my learning dissabilities were not too abnormal it is like being very distracted or bored and notconcentrated.... but to me it all goes away and is increasingly going away the issues.. but its done with cogntiive theraphy and medications that are geared twoard menta problems. and as i said i never had any autism symptoms

It would be great to see a therapist ongoing. You might have a completely different issue. Have you explored ADHD or ADD? No one here can diagnose you with “mental problems,” neurological problems, or autism versus something else. Sometimes, these are intertwined too.

i have seen the diagnosis that autistic people have online i have none of those i just have had learnieng dissaabilities but they are increasingly vanishing and when i have good "days " or good mental life...the symptoms vanish.... and i with cogntitive theraphy they have vanished.. and are increasingly becoming way less... and i hada mild LD not a very difficult one... and i need to know does symptoms get cured from autistic people when they work with thoughts and thought life.... meaning does thoughts cure their symptoms .. that is all i want to know because my symptoms do vanish with thoughts they are getting cured with thoughts.... thats all i want to know
why is it so hard to get an answer on this.... does thoughts cure all the symptoms of an autist or not?

Most mental health issues are helped by cognitive behavioral therapy, and for more extreme tougher issues , DBT. It sounds like you are admitting great progress, so why worry?

Autism is not “curable.” It is a neurological thing you are born with. You can certainly spend time on all these forum threads and she how people help themselves, learn and practice new coping skills. Mindfulness, and meditation help everyone to become more aware, relaxed, and more successful. Some autistics take medications, as do some who are not autistic and have other mental illness. There is not one easy answer. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to enjoy life to the fullest.

Just live each day the best you can. There is no cure or secret to instant success! We are all different, even within the autistic spectrum, everyone is so uniquely different! The autism spectrum is vastly huge!

People do have learning disabilities who are not autistic. You should work with a counselor or agency if you need more info.

okay how about i ask it this way
if my learning dissability symptoms are going away completely sometimes and is on teh way to completely go away with cognitive theraphy and alike.... can i asume i am not autistic since this is the only symptom i have that are similar to autistic people... since if it was autism i could not cure it but now i can cure my issue.

what i am trying to say is..do i have mental illness or do i have autism.
but it seems i dont because if i understand you right ... you cant use thoughts to fix or cure autism like peoeple like i can do with our issues ... right?
so i shouldt think i am autism.

No one can tell you here online that your are or are not autistic. You would need to read up on it. If you are experiencing progress NOW, then keep up the great work and be accepting of your progress.

I cringes about your request for “cures.” No matter who you are, or what issue you got, there are no instant cures. People with mental illness, learning disabilities (does not have to be a “mental illness”) , and, or autism live a life learning how to cope with the hand they have got. It takes a concerted effort to find out what works. For some it’s a combo of hard work, meds, and therapy, for others is just hard work.

It sounds as if you feel that you do not have autism, and even with very mild forms of it, you can lead a successful, happy life. Why even think about it at all?

WELL there is a cure for mental illness cogntiive theraphy and medication does cure people i am one of thosse.. there are even people with schitzo frenia that has been cured....i want to know am i autistic because i have had LD and if i sometimes do ... even if its based on my thoughts ... or is it not possible for autistic people to cure or get ridd of their symptoms completely like i have been able to and many others have with cogntivie therhapy..
i am trying to eliminate factors to get to the answer of wheater or not i have autism

We must be from different countries. In the USA we do not use the word “cure”or “cured.” I have worked in the mental health industry as a counselor. Medications, or behavioral treatments do not “cure” people - but HELP suicidalhem. I have worked with people with schizophrenia, bi-polar, depressive and anxiety disorders, suicidal,self harming, addictioned, AND those with cognitive disabilities.
Treatments and therapies help, but do not “cure.” To “cure” means to “erase” permanently. One who is born with something might learn to deal, mask, or cover their issues up, but they are never “cured.” Even people with severe schizophrenia are NEVER cured, because if they stop taking their medications, the schizophrenia returns. Thinking you are “cured” of something that will always be in your body, is a form of denial.

Perhaps we are stuck in terminologies. Are you outside the USA?

Last edited:
well this iswhat i mean cure = become normal...
mental illnesses like what i have .. PTSD and anxiety and depression that leads tomy MILD rather learning dissabilties or LED should i say ... they are getting cured meaning i am becoming all normal.. but until i am completely normal similar to my past... my LEARNING dissaiblities went adn came with my thought life meaning if i had bad thoughts and bad mental situation... however for me when i say i can cure myself and i am ( with help of doctors and meds) i mean i can be totally normal and i am becoming completely normal .... however i am asking if this means i dont have autism since if i understand it correctly an autistic person can not become completely normal with thought theraphy or medications that are used for mental illnesses .. am i right?
so i mean cure = getting normal.. not a miracle thing ... i am trying to distinguish myself rom autism .. because its hard since the learning dissabilites i have is a littl ebit similar to symptoms of autism but i might be greatly wrong maybe my LD is not even close to the LD an autistc person has... but that is why i am here and trying to learn

Ok. I can see that you do not have an understanding of autism spectrum. Because if you did, you would understand that learning disabilities can range from nine to extremely severe within the autism spectrum. Assuming something without knowledge is dangerous. :) I can see that you have no idea as to the diversity of autistic people.

There is no way to “distinguish “ yourself from autistic people” if you have not spent time learning, reading, and getting perhaps getting assessed. No one but a therapist, or clinician who has assed you could let you know exactly what kind of LD you might have.

It sounds like you have been busy with your treatments and they are working. You sound like you do not have autism so why are you worried? There is no magic cure for autism - especially if it’s just a teeny tiny amount.

exactly why does it sound that i dont have autism... thats what i want to know..can you tell me ..
that is what i am trying to find out.

Autism, when high up in the spectrum, can be seen as a gift, and honored. Also, there are MANY people on these forums that would argue that they would never EVER want to become “normal.” That would mean to lose their special Neurodiversity.

exactly why does it sound that i dont have autism... thats what i want to know..can you tell me ..
that is what i am trying to find out.

How can anyone online diagnose you? That’s impossible. Go to your therapists. Take one of the many autism online quizzes. Hang out in the threads here...there are non autistic people here too.

You also keep saying you don’t believe you have it. Go with your gut feeling.

well isnt it easy to know?
that if my symptoms can get cured meaning i get all normal at times and now i am soon going to be normal forever that doesnt indicate that iam not autistic? since what i think you are saying is that autistic people can NOT get normal or become normal meaning loose all their symptoms
am i wrong?

shouldt it be easy to answer me? since you are saying autistic people do not become normal or completely normal ever.... but when i am saying i do become completely normal at times and i am soon going to be completely normal ... doesnt that answer my question and that i am not autistic?

Last edited:
well isnt it easy to know?
that if my symptoms can get cured meaning i get all normal at times and now i am soon going to be normal forever that doesnt indicate that iam not autistic? since what i think you are saying is that autistic people can NOT get normal or become normal meaning loose all their symptoms
am i wrong?

shouldt it be easy to answer me? since you are saying autistic people do not become normal or completely normal ever.... but when i am saying i do become completely normal at times and i am soon going to be completely normal ... doesnt that answer my question and that i am not autistic?

Without trying to sound all spaced out, looking at bigger pictures, what is normal? 1 in 100 have a mental illness like schizophrenia. 1 - 100 have a neurological disorder like Tourette's, 1 in 59 have autism, 1 in 10 have a personality disorder, 1 in 6 will have a stroke in their life time. 1 in 6 have depression. 1 in 5 have a learning disability. 1 in 4 will experience a mental illness at some point in their lives.

All of these affect how a people behaves and copes with their life. So what exactly is "normal"? You might walk down a road and "look at all the normal people" but not a lot of them are, if anything the ones that aren't "normal". We as a society think we know what "normal" is but we don't! It's just that some conditions are more accepted than others unfortunately. And it is up to us, those who fall in the unlucky category of having "abnormal" behaviours to make it normal.

Autism is not “curable.” It is a neurological thing you are born with. You can certainly spend time on all these forum threads and she how people help themselves, learn and practice new coping skills. Mindfulness, and meditation help everyone to become more aware, relaxed, and more successful. Some autistics take medications, as do some who are not autistic and have other mental illness. There is not one easy answer. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to enjoy life to the fullest. v

but you yourself used teh word curable... and the word in wikipedia says though there is no known cure,[6]

a lot of tings can be erazed though in your own words... a lot of my previous psychological issues have been cured or erazed... so its not wrong to say cured or in your word erazed

but i think i understand that you say autism can not be cured aka can not be erazed it can only be helped.

New Threads

Top Bottom