• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Resources in Spanish via TravelingWiki.com

TravelingWiki

My Autism Non-Profit - TravelingWiki.com: Wiki for Autism Resources at U.S. Airports (Integrating GenAI Expertise for Special Needs Community from MIT/Princeton/Google; Endorsed by Dan Rather Profiled Rep. Wayne Ford; Published in 50+ Media Outlets & Internationally via Apple Podcasts; Now Hiring for the 2025 Internship Program) - is working hard (including taking intensive Spanish lessons) to offer services in Spanish in addition to English. Recent work has also included in person engagement with a Univision (Spanish Language News) reporter & a video profile on Yahoo Noticias - see Navigating the airport with autism

I am very actively seeking comments from a variety of sources to facilitate engagement on the best way() to implement those services. Does translation of TravelingWiki into Spanish provide the greatest benefit? Are there other mechanisms of support that you all deem to be more helpful?

As background to inform responses to these questions - TravelingWiki - TravelingWiki.com: Wiki for Autism Resources at U.S. Airports (Integrating GenAI Expertise for Special Needs Community from MIT/Princeton/Google; Endorsed by Dan Rather Profiled Rep. Wayne Ford; Published in 50+ Media Outlets & Internationally via Apple Podcasts; Now Hiring for the 2025 Internship Program) - my non-profit profiling Autism resources at US airports, has very quickly become the largest free internet-based site of its kind - including documenting resources at US airports for autism, ALS, Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's and other non visible disabilities via TSA.gov - see Non-Visible Disabilities & Medical Conditions | Transportation Security Administration - and has been actively engaging with civic leaders (including The White House [Obama/Biden] & 9 current or recent US presidential candidates); 50+ media networks; multiple senators, the Former Deputy Asst. Secr. of the US Navy & Current President at South Carolina State University (Alexander Conyers, COL (Retired)); multiple ambassadors; educational stakeholders; corporate leaders; and non-profit leaders. Especially as so much of the Autism community is non-verbal, this engagement has been especially meaningful. I do all of this work for free, on top of my for profit daytime job, to attempt to further enable travel in the special needs community.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am deeply passionate about this work, and I greatly value your feedback as I know learning from others in critical in this space.

Link For Image Below: Navigating the airport with autism

1710352588667.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom