• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Parenting Guidance Video by Dr. Temple Grandin (to Prepare For Air Travel)

TravelingWiki

My Autism Aviation Non-Profit - TravelingWiki - is attempting to showcase differing opinions to attempt to enable more access to air travel. To be clear, the goal is not to denote one opinion as better than any other opinion - the goal is to facilitate a discussion. The world renowned Dr. Temple Grandin - Temple Grandin - Wikipedia - asked me to film her opinion(s)...at her office at Colorado State University....as to how parents may be able to prepare their children, via activities of daily life, to be better prepared for air travel. Almost immediately upon filming, I received a response from another expert with a very different opinion. I am attempting to showcase that opinions (and others) as part of a series of articles I am writing for Autism Parenting Magazine during 2024.

TravelingWiki, my non-profit profiling Autism resources at US airports, has very quickly become the largest free internet-based site of its kind (including documenting resources at US airports for Autism, ALS, Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's and other non visible disabilities via TSA.gov - see https://www.tsa.gov/travel/tsa-cares/disabili...s-medical-conditions - and has been actively engaging with civic leaders (including The White House [Obama/Biden] & 9 current or recent US presidential candidates); 50+ media networks; multiple senators, the Former Deputy Asst. Secr. of the US Navy & Current President at South Carolina State University; multiple ambassadors; educational stakeholders; corporate leaders; and non-profit leaders. Especially as so much of the Autism community is non-verbal, this engagement has been especially meaningful. I do all of this work for free as a second job, on top of my daytime for profit work, to attempt to assist in the Special Needs community.

Thank you to everyone for considering this information. I am deeply passionate about this work to support the Special Needs Community. Once again, my goal is to attempt to bring different viewpoints forward to attempt to help as many in the Special Needs Community access air travel as possible.

Link to tiktok video of Dr. Temple Grandin on Better Preparing Children for Air Travel via Activities of Daily Life:

New Threads

Top Bottom