• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism discrimination

WeirdoGuy

V.I.P Member
My wife is in a group for spouses of people with Asperger's. One of the moderators of the group, in addition to having a husband on the spectrum, has a son with non-verbal autism. Her neighbor has continually harassed her and told her to lock her child in a shed. I'm sharing the link to her videos. I hope this does not go against the community standards. If it does, please let me know.

Erica Rouse on TikTok

Its provocative, and unpleasant generally. The net result is not to educate or network nor to provide resource, but rather to offend.

The trouble is, many of us here are already messed up enough as is. We already are sad, tired and insecure without reminders of what is out there.

So I dont set standards here, or complain very much about behavior generally. I do talk to alit of folk here who are already convinced that normals hate and fear them, and well I mostly try to uplift and inspire with my efforts here. Peer to peer support is supposed to be a help.

I'm not sure about what the modern ways are really for, and why do so many participate in the social media phenomenon. Why did someone share this with you, did she have your best interests at heart? Histrionic seeks to provoke an emotive response, like the toxic gossip seeks to incite or provoke. Are you trying to frighten people here, or make people here feel bad by sharing this? Perhaps you think I need to be made aware of how a person can be discriminated against.

I've not done the tik tok before, it wont let me go anywhere else but that video, I guess one needs to install an app to be able to use it. I believe it's a Chinese company, and that participating in a platform allows core system access to a foriegn company, I'm not sure that is safe. The rise of the machines and the growth of big brother is frightening to a simple man

My wife is in a group for spouses of people with Asperger's. One of the moderators of the group, in addition to having a husband on the spectrum, has a son with non-verbal autism. Her neighbor has continually harassed her and told her to lock her child in a shed. I'm sharing the link to her videos. I hope this does not go against the community standards. If it does, please let me know.

Erica Rouse on TikTok

As somebody with high functioning ASD I can understand if that neighbor is finding the screaming/loud noises annoying especially because that kid happens to be on the autism spectrum and is non verbal and obviously that is not an excuse for bad behaviour from the child but the neighbor telling her to lock up her child in a shed is just plain cruel.

And doing so would be completely inhumane and would not be out of place in the 19th century when many parents actually used to do things like this to those who likely had some kind of diagnosis or were otherwise seen as not "normal" such as those with physical disabilities that were kept from the view of the public such as being locked in sheds or like most people back then with a disability that were locked up in a mental institution and never being let out.

In fact the latter was common practice even in the early to mid 20th century in places like Sweden
where it did not take much for somebody to get locked up in an institution possibly being locked up for the rest of their lives.

And the fact she keeps on harassing her is not good either and it is a criminal offense to continously harass somebody over and over again.

I do agree that parents need to discipline their children as said in one of the comments but without the use of violence or punishment.

These are reasons why I am honestly glad I was born in the 21 century and not the early 20th century or 19th century instead.

I keep wondering how punishment would help a non-verbal child? I find the idea disturbing and unnessesary.

Erica Rouse on TikTok
That is disturbing behaviour from her neighbour.
Sorry I can't watch the video.
I don't like TikTok, I didn't like them before I watched a video on it, about how it collects data.

New Threads

Top Bottom