• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism awareness

Kaykay

A while back I was looking up movies about people with autism and realized that there were non about females on the spectrum. I have even heard people say that there is no such thing as a girl with autism. I recently expressed to one of my acting teachers that there were no movies about females on the spectrum and he suggested that I write a script for it and get it going. I have found an experienced film maker who had expressed interest in my idea as she has a family member on the spectrum but wanted to do the script before she makes a commitment to it. I'd like to begin the movie with a voice over and clips of people of both genders on the spectrum between 0 and 5 years old doing things that are untypical of people at their developmental stage. So I was wondering if I could get some stories from parents or things that your parents have told you about yourself to give me a place to start. Thanks for your help.

A while back I was looking up movies about people with autism and realized that there were non about females on the spectrum. I have even heard people say that there is no such thing as a girl with autism. I recently expressed to one of my acting teachers that there were no movies about females on the spectrum and he suggested that I write a script for it and get it going. I have found an experienced film maker who had expressed interest in my idea as she has a family member on the spectrum but wanted to do the script before she makes a commitment to it. I'd like to begin the movie with a voice over and clips of people of both genders on the spectrum between 0 and 5 years old doing things that are untypical of people at their developmental stage. So I was wondering if I could get some stories from parents or things that your parents have told you about yourself to give me a place to start. Thanks for your help.
Take a look at "Temple Grandin"...;)

"Mozart and The Whale" is another film with a female on the spectrum.;)

You are right, many people are unaware that ASD also comes in pink!:D I wish you wonderful success with your project. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and consideration!

Thanks when I was looking it up I couldn't find anything, I'll definably check out that film. People outside the autism community don't tend to know about Temple Grandin sadly because she is one of the biggest icons within our community. I'd still like to do my film though so some stories would still be helpful. Thanks everyone for your suggestions

Chocolate is a Thai movie about an autistic (albeit not aspie) girl and her martial arts. The voiceover suggests it's really about her father, but we don't see him a lot so in my mind it's about her.

Hi Kaykay - two films that come to mind are:
Talk to Me: Sproutflix – Talk To Me
and
The Hummingchild: Sproutflix – The Hummingchild

You may also want to check out all the free streams and trailers related to autism on the sproutflix site. It would help give you some script ideas: Sproutflix – AUTISM

Best of luck with your project - sounds exciting.

New Threads

Top Bottom