• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism and friendship

Being autistic made you a better or a worse friend?

Do you have multiple friendship at once or you can just concentrate on a single person, ignoring or settling the others?

Are you "jealous" of your friend/s?
I guess it depends on the perspective of the friend. Some found me judge-y while others found my honesty reliable. I was never good at lying or keeping small secret so some thought I was untrustworthy. Sometimes I was told I "took things too seriously", even when I didn't think I did.

I have multiple friends at once, but my group tends to stay small. There are other people I'm comfortable communicating to, but I don't consider them friends anymore due to recently learning that friendship is more than that.

I used to get jealous of my friends because of emotional permanence. If they were focused on a friend that wasn't me, I didn't feel as if they were my friend? I have gotten better with that.

New Threads

Top Bottom