• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspiescentral poll: The results!

King_Oni

V.I.P Member
So, as most know we had a monthly poll running for about 10 months. I got all data together and drew up some fancy graphs.

Based on the results, the average AC user would appear to be like this;

A man between 20 and 29 years old who is officially diagnosed with only an autism spectrum disorder. He might have friends who are also on the spectrum in his personal life. He is on this forum mostly to hang out with other people on the spectrum and hangs out on this forum about autism exclusively. He never felt discriminated against because of his autism but feels that autism in general has a negative image. He is either full-time employed or unemployed and gets by on government assistance. And he most likely lives in either the UK or in Ireland.

For any interested, check below (and the post following; only can add 10 images to each post). I'll put up links to the threads of the polls as well as well as a PDF that compiles all together.

MarchGraph.jpg
AprilGraph.jpg
MayGraph.jpg
JuneGraph.jpg
JulyGraph.jpg
AugustGraph.jpg
SeptemberGraph.jpg
OctoberGraph.jpg
NovemberGraph.jpg

edit: added summary of the average AC user

Last edited:
That's an amazing amount of work you've done there King, impressive indeed!..
I wonder, as the downside is that the sample is a tad on the small side and inconsistent, if a dedicated topic containing all the polls couldn't be created?.. Perhaps the mysterious Karma points could be an incentive for people to vote..
I'd love to see a more comprehensive analysis of 'real' AS, as opposed to clinically established statistics.. although there'll still, admittedly, be the problem that votes will be exclusive to AC members..
Well done :cool:

Spiller We should get started on that grant application! :D

I did have the thought, in the wee small hours of last night, that a set format of questions/polls might be floated among the various other AS/ASD forums various members here have joined (I only function on AC and have no idea where others post.. where do others post, out of curiosity?).
This would surely be beneficial to the whole community, after all. What is the relationship between various forums? Friendly? Hostile?

I would like to suggest something, if I may... What if the members of the forum received a notification about a poll via email?

I see that while I'm here on this forum there were at least two polls and I participated only in one, the other one I simply didn't see. Probably it was a non-social period for me when I didn't visit the forum for a few days. But still, if I knew that a poll was going on, I would certainly like to participate. :)

I would like to suggest something, if I may... What if the members of the forum received a notification about a poll via email?

I see that while I'm here on this forum there were at least two polls and I participated only in one, the other one I simply didn't see. Probably it was a non-social period for me when I didn't visit the forum for a few days. But still, if I knew that a poll was going on, I would certainly like to participate. :)

Agreed! I missed loads because I either don't have consistent internet access, or have low periods. But I'd always be a willing participant. :)

Wow... Good stuff King. Interesting, and it matches my own observations, that membership does not come close to mirroring the supposed 4:1 ratio of males to females on the spectrum.

Off topic, but I suspect the accepted ratio is erroneous, by a lot. I doubt it is even 2:1.

So, as most know we had a monthly poll running for about 10 months. I got all data together and drew up some fancy graphs.

Based on the results, the average AC user would appear to be like this;

A man between 20 and 29 years old who is officially diagnosed with only an autism spectrum disorder. He might have friends who are also on the spectrum in his personal life. He is on this forum mostly to hang out with other people on the spectrum and hangs out on this forum about autism exclusively. He never felt discriminated against because of his autism but feels that autism in general has a negative image. He is either full-time employed or unemployed and gets by on government assistance. And he most likely lives in either the UK or in Ireland.

For any interested, check below (and the post following; only can add 10 images to each post). I'll put up links to the threads of the polls as well as well as a PDF that compiles all together.

View attachment 14463
View attachment 14464
View attachment 14465
View attachment 14466
View attachment 14467
View attachment 14468
View attachment 14469
View attachment 14470
View attachment 14471

edit: added summary of the average AC user
Ooooh shiny graphs!

It might be worth noting that, while 25% of those polled are from the UK or Ireland, 33% are from the U.S., if you combine East and West. Per capita, however, there is a greater proportion of people polled from the UK or Ireland.

New Threads

Top Bottom