• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspies sharing medical advice & symptoms

Epilum is supposed to treat epilepsy but can't even say how or why it controls electrical impulses in brain....who approves these drugs. Huh
So notice it helps bi-polar patients, but can't specify how treating symptoms but really prefer advice from doctor that can say how n what caused symptom.

Pls review my thread it's about drug combination that can kill you and effects of blood pressure such headaches
Epilum is supposed to treat epilepsy but can't even say how or why it controls electrical impulses in brain....who approves these drugs. Huh
So notice it helps bi-polar patients, but can't specify how treating symptoms but really prefer advice from doctor that can say how n what caused symptom.

It could be with epilepsy connection to autism and poor muscle tone, could be gut microbes reacted to electrical impulses. Maybe more research required on epilepsy and how drugs work before able to say exactly what kind of effect autism has on this underlying medical condition.

I am Thumb guessing here but autism
The muscles are not as firm or tight as developmentally expected. Children with low muscle tone normally have delayed motor skills, difficulty with motor coordination and weakness in the muscles to name a few.
muscle tone is often seen in children
autism

My mom's old and has osteoporosis already so that was my initial outrage over her using epilum....it's aggravated medical condition not just side effect, maybe nothing to do with diabetes

Epilum is most favoured drug for epilepsy....how or why corrects electrical impulses in brain uunknown.just considered to eliminate symptoms

Consideringm utilization of VPA and LTG, healthcare providers should be aware of them as a possible cause of tremor. When necessary, an attempt of discontinuing the suspected drugs should be made to confirm the diagnosis, instead of symptomatic treatment, especially when the adverse event was severe and fatal.

VPA is well tolerated, and the most commonly occurring adverse reactions are gastrointestinal disturbances,

Although many patients will remain seizure free on the first or second drug, combinations are usually prescribed in those unresponsive to monotherapy.[2] Sodium valproate (VPA) is the most widely used antiepileptic drug worldwide, and lamotrigine (LTG) is a novel antiepileptic agent. A study shows that VPA-LTG comedication exhibits a favorable pharmacodynamic interaction in patients with refractory partial epilepsy.[3]
Disabling tremor induced by drugs was initially diagnosed based on the chronic worsening process, an exposure history of many drugs acting on the central nervous system, and the exclusion of known causes of secondary tremor by above clinical and laboratory evaluation. In treatment, LTG (100 mg qd) and amantadine (100 mg bid) were discontinued immediately; dosage of VPA was gradually reduced (sodium valproate sustained-release tablet: 1000 mg bid for 4 days, subsequently, 500 mg bid for 5 days) and was ceased after 9 days. In other words, within 9 days all of LTG, amantadine, and VPA were withdrawn. The degree of upper limbs tremor was not increased, but somewhat reduced. With that, remaining therapy was benzhexol for 2 mg tid, flupentixol, and melitracen (flupentixol 0.5 mg and melitracen 10 mg) for 1 piece, bid (8 am and noon). At follow-up examination 2.5 months after stopping above 3 drugs, his upper limbs tremor had apparently improved, and twitch of eyelids and facial region also improved except mouth. In addition, his mental state improved compared to 2.5 months ago, and he could work as a security guard according to his wife. There was no recurrence of the upper limbs tremor at 6 months follow-up.

3. Discussion​

In this case, we have reported an unusual patient with upper limbs resting-type tremor induced by VPA and LTG, which improved after discontinuation of the culprit drugs. This confirms the initial diagnosis of drug-induced tremor. This case is unusual in 2 regards: firstly, his tremor is disabling and not mild; secondly, this case is the first documented case of resting-type tremor which is different from postural and action tremor caused by LTG with VPA reported in 1993.[5]
Indeed, the patient had been treated initially with VPA and LTG due to epilepsy, approximately 1.5 years later, the patient developed restin

VPA is well tolerated, and the most commonly occurring adverse reactions are gastrointestinal disturbances, this may be a bad cocktail mix for autism and epilepsy. May also aggrivate poor muscle tone.

sodium valproate and lamotrigine​

80% of the people admitted through Hospital Emergency rooms are clinically dehydrated. When I'm running a litre low, as can easily happen if I have been focussed on a job, I get too stupid to figure out the problem for about a day. If I were cynical and avaricious, I would package up some harmless powder and market it as a tonic so concentrated that it had to be taken with two glasses of water. To take care of myself, I record my water intake.
Eureka.....may found connection between autism n epilepsy....listed under thread named after drug

My grandmother had type 1 diabetes, it started after she had her first child, my father. That was in 1941, back then there was only one source of insulin available. Liver. But you can't cook the liver because that destroys the insulin, so for the rest of her life she regularly ate raw liver.

By the time I came along she could have switched to insulin needles but by then she'd grown to like her liver. She got me to try it once, yuck!
got me thinking of penacillin again. It is a mold grown on wheat n barley....also medicine from funny foods.
Now anti-biotics is hailed as miracle drug. This isn't as much autism-specific as a scare into resistant strands....
Lookup factory farming and antibiotic resistance.

Not to be that person but, my mom is technically a diabetic but there are different types of diabetic needs. For example, having a healthy diet is good overall but she also needs insulin. A person who is type 1 Can have all the healthy diet they need but also needs daily insulin. Whilst type 2 can also be managed by insulin, it’s less complicated to manage compared to type 1 Which can be more complicated that just changing their nutritional intake. If someone reading your post thought being diabetic meant just changing their diet to something healthy without understanding there are different types, then this could be dangerous.
I did hear you the first time, owliet. You just never acknowledged that I placed you on mental waiting list during my huried effort to unleash this thread ....

In regard to type a.... So far I've looked into old age symptoms to try understand more.
was chatting online and we discussed eating raw liver as old fashioned insulin and got me thinking of penacillin again. It is a mold grown on wheat n barley....also medicine from funny foods.
Now anti-biotics is hailed as miracle drug. scare into resistant strands....
Lookup factory farming and antibiotic resistance. Aside from I hate the cruelty on those farms, I'm wondering what health affects there are, also drinking long life or germ free milk.

Old people also produce less insulin, and have array of health issues. (A similar effect 'can' be diabetes 1 or epilepsy and I'm just exploring possibilities here of digestive issues exacerbate health)
Gut microbial changes in elderly individuals correlate with measures of frailty, nutritional status, and markers of inflammation, suggesting that diet-driven microbiota alterations play a role in the varying rates of age-associated health decline

metabolic, defensive, and trophic functions (Guarner and Malagelada, 2003)

However, they discovered that germ-free animals required large quantities of nutrient-rich food, yet continued to have stunted growth and development compared with normal animals. Germ-free animals had smaller hearts, lungs, and livers, lower cardiac output, thinner intestinal walls, reduced gastrointestinal motility, lower serum gamma globulin levels, and atrophied lymph nodes (Wostmann, 1981). Most of these deficiencies can be restored by introducing intestinal microbiota from animals raised under normal conditions.

I've noticed in the last few years that when I go to a restaurant for a meal sometimes something in the meal irritates.
my stomach, watched a video from Sabine Hossenfelder where she described the same symptoms and her findings.
learned a new term sugar alcohols. At least I have a chemistry background now scared to eat outside of home.
I knew it was an additive.

Before the diagnosis, when I was hospitalized, they prescribed Lamictal. At the time, they thought I might be bipolar and treated me with this medication, designed for epilepsy and also used for bipolar disorder. It led me to experience epileptic seizures and memory lapses. I was like a vegetable and completely absent. I don't know if it was due to receiving eight pills or the active ingredient (Lamotrigine).

New Threads

Top Bottom