• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie Parent of Autie Children...

I am an Aspie parent with a family history of (possible) Aspergers.

• I have no children with ASDs.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Aspergers is the only ASD found among my children, w/no family history of more severe ASDs.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Aspergers is the only ASD found among my children, w/(possible) family history of more severe ASDs.

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I have children with institution-level ASDs, but no prior family history of such.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I have children with institution-level ASDs, plus (possible) prior family history of such.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My dad probably had more severe Aspergers than myself, though undiagnosed. Myself, less severe Aspergers, also undiagnosed. My son has Diagnosed Aspergers, probably somewhere in between my dad's level and my own, although it's hard to say because we're all completely different people.

This is kind of a hard question for some people, because 'Aspergers' isn't an actual diagnosis where I live. Granted, I don't have children, but others with a similar situation might.

This is kind of a hard question for some people, because 'Aspergers' isn't an actual diagnosis where I live.
In DSM5-speak, it would be autism with no cognitive deficits. ("Aspergers" is just simpler to say.) "Kanners" would be autism with profound cognitive deficits and PDD-NOS would be somewhere between the two extremes.

We see evidence of possible Aspies all through history. It is the rise in Kanners that is unprecedented.

The DSM4 terms may no longer be official, but they are still useful in describing sections within the spectrum. With light, we suss out:
  • ultra-violet,
  • violet,
  • indigo,
  • blue,
  • green,
  • yellow,
  • orange,
  • red &
  • infra-red.
Why must we be so averse to considering the marked differences presented in the autistic spectrum? The DSM5 didn't turn our rainbow into a single color.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom