• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie likes an aspie

bubbles

Hi, I've not been on here a while so please bear with me, there's this guy I like and he too is an aspie, but because we both have aspergers I can't read him, and he don't give many signs that he likes me, so what signs does a man aspie give when he likes someone? And also im worried about telling him my feelings incase I ruin our friendship because we are very close friends, thank you

Hiya

If you can explain how he is with you, ie physically. Meaning does he seem to want to be close to you? Makes excuses to chat with you? Is shy around you? Talks too much? If yes, there is a good chance he likes you.

Having been married to an nt for nearly 24 years, I have learned the art of reading peoples' emotions and can tell when a chap is just friendly or it is more.

Hi, I've not been on here a while so please bear with me, there's this guy I like and he too is an aspie, but because we both have aspergers I can't read him, and he don't give many signs that he likes me, so what signs does a man aspie give when he likes someone? And also im worried about telling him my feelings incase I ruin our friendship because we are very close friends, thank you
If you are close friends, you will eventually find out if he likes you (in a romantic way. Obviously he at least likes you as a friend.) Trust me on this.

I've known both him and his brother for quite a number of years now, but his brother told me that if he could see his brother with anyone it would be me, it's not just the aspergers that makes us similar but personality and views on certain matters, sometimes he will put his arms round my neck in a cuddly way and put his head on my head, we both don't really text eachother much but that's because of the way both of us are, we sit together and talk for hours in person. Other people without aspergers says how we should be together and they can feel something between us, I just really like him on the outside and inside

Hi, I wonder how it went in the end! I hope well!

I can tell about my recent aspie-aspie relation.
When we met, we immediately started getting along very well and trying to spend together as much as possible, talking for hours.
I noticed he would always look for me when I was around (even in a way that other people could clearly notice), he would reduce his personal distance (despite instead keeping himself far from other people) and he dropped a lot of other clues.
I thought these signs were pretty umistakable, since I found them really macroscopic: more (both in number and frequency) than what I was used to with most NT guys.
At some point I decided to talk to him and tell him about my feelings, but he said that I was mistaken and I has misinterpreted his behaviour.
But we stayed in touch by email and eventually met again. His behaviour had not changed, he still enjoyed spending huge amount of time together and there it definitely felt more than friendship, I was "sure" of that. Time proved me right. At some point we kissed and slowly we started a relation.
As of today, while I think of myself as being well aware of my own feelings (and I can read well most NT guys after years of practice), I still believe that he has huge difficulties in recognizing and explaining his own feelings...
I wonder if this is common in Aspie men...

New Threads

Top Bottom