• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie creatives - hands up!

Around 5 years ago I got involved into visual effects (vfx); compositing shots, rendering my own 3D animation and mixing it with real footage, etc. And I learnt a lot about photography too!. That was left behind after my mom called me out for messing up the house too much lol

I always wanted to be in an audiovisual area, work behind the scenes for TV/Cinema, or be part of a videogame developer team. I think it's almost like my reason to live! But I was always ashamed of my creativity, so my "workaround" was to study computer programming. I only stopped denying my true vocation when I joined a true developer team. I programmed a bunch of visual effects in a 16-bit console, and was allowed to propose mine own effects and gameplay concepts/elements. Only now I'm recovering the lost time by practicing to draw, writing scripts/stories, etc :p

I work at a ceramic painting store and I'm also the instructor for canvas painting there.

I draw, paint, alchemize (transform) items, make jewellery, garden, and make costume items.

I'm an artist & had some success with licensing. I have my own studio & sell directly. Used to do the big NY shows but realized I was wasting money on travel when I do okay selling directly from my home studio. Just can't make a living at it so I supplement my art biz with a part-time job at a law firm (they offer benefits so I'm grateful for that gig).

I write poetry too but been afraid to submit it for publication. I've been wanting to submit to the literary magazines...but intimidated so far, but think I'll try this Winter to get published.

Mech. engineer with machining,fabrication and diagnostic skills.

I'm artistic to a degree and fairly competent behind a camera lens too.

drawing, water color painting, ink and colored pencil paintings, Acryllic paintings, Wood carvings, chainsaw carvings, glass bead making, fancy wood bowl lathing, and hard science fiction writing which I never seem to get finished...
Iron in the sky hard science fiction...:rolleyes:
Which destroyed my life?:confused:
Now Blues guitar Music ♪♪♪...because my life is sad.

I've forgotten, I used to do some writing...

First... Early 1990's? A friend created a "zine" for our church youth group called Balaam's Donkey, he twisted my arm into doing some writing, kind of random thoughts as I recall, I still have most of them

Second... Early 2000's, I joined a classic car club, have never owned a classic car, I did some writing for their newsletter, some were stories and such, some were brief histories of certain British car makes, I sometimes tried it with a little different twist, eventually drifted out of that after five years, I still keep copies of those as well, haven't really done any serious writing since then, on occasion I will incorporate small scale story telling into my photos as I've posted them on the internet... I used to have some of my car articles online but they seem to be slowly disappearing, I still have the hard copy though of most...

I have done paintings that have been praised by my friends as well as teachers and classmates in a special ed class I went to at school for the past few years. By the time I left earlier in this year, there were two walls that my teacher still had covered in my artwork. Come to think of it, it would probably be a good idea to revisit the class at some point to collect them and stuff into a portfolio of work.
I was quite passionate about it, but at the moment my creative energy feels as if it's been sucked away by my depression, and I've been trying to find some ways to get myself back up and running with painting again.

try adult colouring books i'm yearning to buy one that is botanical sketches of flowers ,
it definitely works re mindfulness -i use watercolour pencils as the colour gradation you obtain is so intricately beautiful
bought a pack of ergonomic ones from staedtler -still use gel covers though that i got from ebay

I draw as a hobby,i usually like to draw comic or manga and have been into it for many years,I did however go through a two year period where I didn't draw anything but I am drawing again,my worst enemy is procrastination which is a ongoing battle for me and also the fact that I'm a perfectionist which isn't a good combination.

i am an artist,i use different media in my work ranging from acrylic paint to charcoal to water colour to pastels etc and i am also a photographer,i hope to become a professional photographer one day.
i also do ceramics at a professional art studio for people with intellectual disability,my current project im working on is making a fish world in ceramics,you can see some of my work on my deviantart page-ive put a few WIP photos of my ceramic fish in my scraps section.

ive done computer graphics work my whole life but im crap at it,apart from abstract stuff.

I'm writing a book about cat advice. Planning a novel. Taking nature photos with my new macro lens.
id like to read that,one of my favourite cat behavioralists;vicky halls wrote an amazing book called the cat detective,she diagnosed my sisters cat;sandy with severe FHS after many vets failed to spot what was 'wrong' with her.

try adult colouring books i'm yearning to buy one that is botanical sketches of flowers ,
it definitely works re mindfulness -i use watercolour pencils as the colour gradation you obtain is so intricately beautiful
bought a pack of ergonomic ones from staedtler -still use gel covers though that i got from ebay
I used to draw with photo blue pencils on watercolor paper, then ink the main drawing lines and extra dark shadows in, then finish with color pencil.
...it comes out quite lovely!
Looks like a painting, people love them.
Also you can buy water proof ink and finish with water color paints...without the ink bleeding on the washes.

It cures the main problem of there not being enough contrast in water color paintings to pop the light colors... (make them look bright)
It is that intense contrast that draws people to acrylics, but acrylics eat paintbrushes and canvas costs.
I heard one artist used crushed glass in oil paints that sounds interesting...but I hate oils...I am not steady enough I have to use a flying bridge or I forget and end up with palm doughnuts on the painting all the time.:confused:

Last edited:
DONT like the water part of watercolour very much like it before its watered i like subtle watercolour pencil colours
think my eyes are too sensitive too bright hues,
liked oil pastel portraits my mother did -still COULDNT look for too long! best time for me is nearly sundown

DONT like the water part of watercolour very much like it before its watered i like subtle watercolour pencil colours
think my eyes are too sensitive too bright hues,
liked oil pastel portraits my mother did -still COULDNT look for too long! best time for me is nearly sundown
Sorry! ink drawings are lovely to...very nice if you frame them with celtic or viking scroll work.
I like high contrast paintings...but in real life I prefer pastels as bright colors can make my eyes tired too!
Like my blue text I often use!:)

I whittle and do some wood working. I'm horrible at both but I enjoy it and every now and then I create a cool thing, that is if I ever get motivated to do something.

I write as a hobby though i'm not very good at it. I love drawing though and i've been told i'm good. Idk if i'm that good tho haha

If you've got a creative job, skill, talent or interest let us know.

I'm a Web designer, and business ideator.

I do a bit of graphic design, but I'm only pretty average at that.
I do digital illustrations and have a Facebook Page called "Duende Art Studio". One day I want to make a job out of selling prints and I have sold a few in the past but for now it's my hobby. I also have some writing ideas and play the piano too :)

New Threads

Top Bottom